• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pocket Camp Pet Peeves

First, I've noticed that when a bug or fish is desired by an animal, it becomes much harder to get. I don't for one second buy that the system of bugs and fish is completely random. It has to be rigged.

It also doesn't work like the Animal Crossing games, where you can always count on bugs and fish respawning. There seems to be a point where they won't respawn for some time.

The shopping market is subpar. I've seen the same items for sell multiple times in a row. I will say that this issue is actually not new to Pocket Camp. I remember this same issue happening in New Leaf, and perhaps City Folk, too.

And the expected complaint from me: No trumpet and alto saxophone item. I know this game is alive and hopefully they will be added someday. However... I mean, they were already locked behind that stupid Amiibo paywall in New Leaf and I still don't have them in New Leaf for that reason. Quit denying me my wind instruments, Nintendo!

How long it takes to level up. I don't mind a challenge but I feel like it takes AGES to level up with an animal if you're past level 6 or 7.

Its not really a 'pet peeve' but more of a why does it do this.
I hate how loooong it takes to load on my phone. it seemt o take up too much memory & lags on my phone soooo bad.

i didnt know the more animals you meet the higher the level requirement is to inv them to your camp. I am trying to get Maggie invited but she needs to be lvl 5...i thought all were lvl 3 to inv. so annoying ._.;

i didnt know the more animals you meet the higher the level requirement is to inv them to your camp. I am trying to get Maggie invited but she needs to be lvl 5...i thought all were lvl 3 to inv. so annoying ._.;

I swear everything in this game drastically increases too suddenly.

One minute you're asked to craft items that take only a minute to craft. Then the next 'level' of animal, the items take several hours to craft. What in the world? There's no in between at all.

One minute you're dealing with animals who need one item to be asked to visit your campsite. The next 'level' of animal, you're expected to have five items and all of them take 5 hours to craft!

I understand that they want to make people spend money, but I think that designing is a bit weird either way.

Last edited:
I hate how everyone asks for 20 fruit beetles and then all I can find are butterflies. Or when they ask for crucian carp and literally all that comes up when I go fishing is seven pale chubs and a koi (which happened today).

Also, I don't like how we need to build like five pieces of furniture to get villagers to come to the campsite, especially ones that cost a lot of stuff.

And I would love to know why a red rug requires 6 cotton to make, but the exact same rug except blue costs 120 cotton... like why does it cost 114 more cotton to make a rug blue (and also how it takes 539 minutes longer to make the blue rug than the red one)? I really want the blue one but I only have 119 cotton after everything I've done so far and reaching level 17; I'm not about to blow it all on one rug once I get enough.

The apple shortage in my camp and excess of crucian carp in the river. Ain't nobody need a thousand freakin' carps.

I hate that I can't see someone's full market box from a list. If I don't see what I want in the first 4 slots the game shows me, I'm not going to bother going to every single person's camp just to take a peek.

When you get a red dot letting you know something is up with one of your friends, you have to scroll through the whole list to see if someone want quarry help or sometimes the red dotted friend just accepted your friend request (and the dot won't go away until you click on the name). It would be really great if all those dotted friends could be grouped together at the top of the list temporarily just like the kudos friend list is.

When you get a red dot letting you know something is up with one of your friends, you have to scroll through the whole list to see if someone want quarry help or sometimes the red dotted friend just accepted your friend request (and the dot won't go away until you click on the name). It would be really great if all those dotted friends could be grouped together at the top of the list temporarily just like the kudos friend list is.

^ YES PLEASE

I know this is a mobile game but I dont like how achivement oriented it is?
I play animal crossing to chill out, not try to remember and gather materials for campers.

I dont like theres nothing to do outside your camp. Catching bugs and fish doesnt feel as fun to me for some reason.

I bought a tv and all it plays is soccer.

That i cant make money just fishing and getting fruit because it only pays 10bells then.

I dont think I was the target market consumer for this game but it doesnt feel like an actual animal crossing to me. Just some odd imitaion.

Well I’ve not been playing that long and I’m enjoying buuuuuuuut

* hate fact you have to go to friends campsite to give kudos
* time to craft is so weird... some items are small and take hours, others are big and take minutes/shorter time... eh!?!
* I feel like I’m gonna need more than fish, fruit and bugs

more complaints!

-you can't spread more than 1 rug at camp
-the market keeps displaying the same things I've already bought over and over again

Didn?t see this yesterday, so I?ll paste what I wrote in my review:

- catalogue can?t be organized by time or cost required for crafting
(A ranking would be so convenient when deciding what to craft next)

- duration required for crafting increases too steeply
(I wouldn?t mind an increase in time, but going from 1m to 10h was jarring)

- no trading of clothes and non-crafted furniture
(The market boxes would be more exciting if we could sell these as well)

- repetitive selection of Market Place items
(I keep seeing the same few clothing and furniture pieces over and over)

THIS:

LkirWg8.png

Not gonna lie, I’d probably do the same thing. Times is hard.

Campers don't ask for these items. EVER! I have campers at max level 20 friendship so I know this for a fact.

Therefore, no one will ever need these items, so NO ONE WILL EVER BUY THEM FROM YOU!

Please delete them from your boxes because items show up by price, highest first, so when someone sees this they won't even bother going to your camp to look for something else.

I'm at max friends now so I'm deleting everyone who does this to make room for other people.

This whole game is a pet peeve. The crafted items need WAY too much material, leveling up is slow as anything despite how much work you do, and everything takes so long to craft. My campsite looks like trash because I can't craft what I like because I'm always stuck crafting ugly things the villagers want.

Back