Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5789-8158-1777
Isabelle
Mint
Tasty Cake
Hi :) Has anyone else played this game? I just finished the story (despite being a total noob haha) and that was when I realized I got sucked into it.

I saw threads for other games I like (Harvest Moon, Stardew) so for people looking for a game that they can play casually at their own pace, they may also like this one!

Q: Has anyone else played Slime Rancher?

A: Yes. I have played Slime Rancher. The small Slimes are pretty cute; however, the Tarrs kind of freak me out. Lol. Not sure what the full story of Slime Rancher is. So... I can't relate with you on that. When I played the game I used the keyboard controls since I don't have a gaming controller. The keyboard controls were a bit weird for me when I first started out, but over time I was able to adapt to the keyboard controls of the game. I had lots of fun raising those Slimes and mixing them to form some cool combinations of them. Vacuuming the hens, roosters, and chicks was something I always found funny while playing the game.

Last edited:
however, the Tarrs kind of freak me out. Lol. Not sure what the full story of Slime Rancher is. So... I can't relate with you on that.
The first day I got it, I recruited a bunch of kitty slimes and did something to create a Tarr so my entire farm of cats were meowing to death and I couldn't help them because I didn't know what was happening. It was as traumatic as it sounds. It's been a month and I'm still upset over that LOL

The story is essentially the Starmail you get in the game, as well as those big floating H beacons you can click on to receive notes. At first I didn't care much for it, but when I realized I finished most of my adventuring I then received some more Starmail and credits afterwards. As long as you play, you'll get to that point.

The game doesn't end or anything once you do get there, it actually expands some more in a unique way, but it's enough to make you feel content with the characters and all that jazz. I appreciate them for designing the game in that way. I have quite a few games and none have felt as genuine and kindhearted as that one, with the exception of Stardew haha

And yeah... I kind of incinerated an elder hen & baby chick for the achievements. But I would be lying if I said I didn't also incinerate other stuff because I was too lazy to relocate them. My bf laughed hysterically at the vacuuming, too! He called me a monster for feeding my kitty slimes some chickens I found. If only he knew about my fire pit.

Yeah! I got the game like half a year ago and it was so fun seeing it being developed and released and still getting updates after said release. Great developers that are definitely worth supporting and checking out! ^-^

About the game... I love it! It's super cute and you have an OpenWorld you can just discover and fly around in while also making money to buy even cooler stuff. I really don't like the Tarrs though, I think the music that comes with them just freaks me out. But all of the other slimes are just incredibly cute and the game always makes me happy.

I actually just got 100% in the game on Steam yesterday! Before that I was kinda messing around with the game and just taking it day by day, but this week I decided to grind all of the achievements I was missing and it was fairly easy. I really hope they add more achievements though, because I'm definitely not done doing everything the game has to offer.

I love this game! Just unlocked Mochi's new area :3 Pretty sad I didn't have time to play when they had the ornaments for Christmas, so I hope they come back next year~

I loved Slime Rancher when it first came out. Think it was a timed release on Xbox, or they had the pre-build of it or something. For some reason, it was free on Xbox, and I played it a lot. Loved it. Reminded me a lot of Viva Pinata, which was also ace.

I bought it a few hours ago and I’m already hooked! The cute slimes and well designed world make me want to keep playing. For anyone who is considering getting the PS4 version, I noticed some frame cuts while walking to new areas. The game also slows down a bit when enough slimes are on screen. It’s a solid port overall, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Back