• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

Questions about amiibos

Anactoria

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Green Candy
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
White Pansy
So I've recently gotten my hands on some cards and figures... Since I don't TT (anymore), and don't have time to test my questions myself, I was just wondering a couple of things:

- What is the difference between the cards and figures? Say, I have a card AND a figure of Reese - what happens when I scan each in? Is it that only the figure provides the RV?
- Apart from scanning in villagers so that they can move in, what else do you get/ what happens if you scan one in?
- Can you rescan the same cards? Will you get the same things?

Thanks!

The figures and the cards that specifically have an rv on them are the ones that call an rv to your camp.
You can get a random item from the character or their picture.
Yes you can re-scan them, I think the things they give you are different every time.

Yep, only the figures and the Welcome Amiibo cards bring in an RV.

Basic character cards can summon the character to get random items or bring them to your camp ground. Both figures and cards can be used in mini games (Desert Island Escape and the fruit puzzle one).

Yes, only the figure will provide the RV - if you scan an NPC's card you can only get gifts from them (the first one being their picture).

If you scan in a regular villager's card, you have the option to invite them to town (bypassing the 16 villager cycle) or receive a gift. If you have one of the new 50 series (villagers they reintroduced in the update) or Sanrio cards, you can receive a gift (random) or summon their RV to the campground. From there you can ask them to move to town if you wish! If they already live in your town, they can't come to the campground but can give you a unique item from their RV the first time you ask.

You can definitely rescan the same cards - you will only get one NPC pic per player but you can keep receiving random gifts from them. Wisp can only be called upon once per day.

Amiibos are 3D and cards are 2D
Nah I know what you mean! Basically what everyone else is saying; The cards give you pictures and the figures give you RVs ^_^

Back