• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Shall I keep these higher rarity fish/bugs?

Dede

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I get requests for the somewhat rare Black Bass, Red Snapper and Dynastids quite often but I never see the villagers request the rarer fish and bugs, i.e. Tuna, Football Fish, Blowfish, Emperor Butterfly, Jewel Beetle, Miyama Stag, Rainbow Trout and Koi. I have more of these than I know what to do with.
They're just taking up inventory space and I'd rather not list them for sale in my market box because I doubt anybody would buy them. I often look at these rare fish/bugs in other players' market boxes and think "Nah I have plenty of my own already".
So it begs the question; is it really worth keeping them? Has anyone else come across an animal requesting one of these fellas?

Yes, I've had villagers request the Red Snapper and Dynastids specifically, so I think they do eventually ask for the more uncommon creatures, but it doesn't happen as often. Personally I keep everything just in case, but like I said, only those 2 somewhat rarer things have ever been requested for me so far, so maybe it's not worth it. I guess it's up to you to decide whether the bells they net are worth it more or the slim chance they might be requested by a villager. :)

I usually just keep 5 of each and sell the rest, I haven’t come across a problem yet

I'm level 40 now and have never encountered a villager ask for anything rarer than a red snapper, black bass or horned dynastid.

They might ask for the really rare stuff eventually, but for now, I keep only one of each kind and sell the rest, because storage space is much more valuable than an item that nobody requests right now or in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
I've never had a villager ask for the extremely rare bugs and fish like rainbow trout, football, fish, or tuna, so I just sell them.

I feel like they ask for rare stuff more often around friendship lv3+
but they only ask for 1 qty of a rare item, instead of the bulk request.

I'd imagine on higher friendship lvls they will start demanding harder to find things, similar to other Animal Crossing games.

I keep 10 of each and sell the others. So far I’ve never had any requests for the rarest bugs and fish but I haven’t levelled anyone above 15 so it could be after that.

good advice guys! I don't think I'm at a high enough level yet for my villagers to start asking for the rarer things

Hmm if the types of requests are determined by friendship level, then I wonder what level they'd have to be. I have a few animals stuck around the level 15 - 17 range, but nope nothin'. I hope they don't have to be level 20 to start requesting the super rare stuff. They take forever to level...
Well I'll keep you all posted if I ever get a rare request. I might try to power level a single animal.

Back