• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your favourite anime?

Maiden

Magical girl
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I've been a fan of anime for years and therefore have seen a lot of different anime series, but I'm in need of a series to watch to keep me occupied while I wait for the releases of the new episodes of Inuyashiki, ancient Magnus bride and ballroom e yosuke (probs spelt that horribly wrong). My favourite animes are higurashi, skums wish and madoka magica. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated :)

My first anime of all time was Tokyo Mew Mew and it’s so hilarious, thinking back on it. How cringe. But so is the rest of my life tbh.

I liked Higurashi as well. I haven’t seen any super recent anime, honestly. One of my favorites of all time is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I also really liked Kill la Kill, I didn’t think I would because I figured it would be pure fanservice but it was honestly so funny and I loved the characters.

Those are the 3 my sleep-addled brain can think of right this sec. If I think of any more then I will pop in.

k-on!! was such a cute anime. I'd say it's my favorite.

I was also very into Boku Dake ga Inai Machi in the first couple of episodes but the latter episodes kinda trailed off sadly...

I don't have an overall favorite, but if I had to pick I'd say Higurashi for a few reasons:
It's a horror anime that knows how to mess with your mind and not rely on jumpscares
It throws you for a loop in the first few episodes
The Japanese voice acting is just =v= noice
The Groundhog day like story is very well done and each arc explains each character very well
Despite scaring the crap out of me, it really set the bar for horror anime and since it set a bar and sticks with me, I would call it my favorite.

Troll Answer: ****
Edit: XD B*** No P*** Is censored! That's just awesome!

Last edited:
Mushishi, Kino no tabi, Nichijou, magus bride, bakemonogatari series,

Anything philosophical, psychological, humanitarianism- ish,tall tale or a series of short mysterious stories. Stuff that makes you think and feel a little bit strange after watching.

Last edited:
i love madoka magica too!!

i like a lot tbh but haikyuu will always be the big fave

My favorite anime is Big Windup!. It's just a positive show. The main character shows real growth, too, as he learns to appreciate his worth and talents. It's really sweet and heartwarming ^^

I do not have an absolute favorite but I grew up watching Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (His and Her Circumstances) , Bishoujo Senshi Sera Muun (Sailor Moon) , Shoujo Kakumei Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena) and Serial Experiments Lain.

The only anime I've watched is Attack on Titan and I really enjoy it! The animation is so mesmerizing and it's written very well. Really looking forward to season 3 :blush:

I really enjoy the Josei genre, and from it my favorites are Nodame Cantabile, Kurage Hime and Honey and Clover. :)

Durarara will always be my fave but another, kokoro connect, and beyond the boundary are all close runners up! (also momokuri is great if u wanna bury your head in your pillow and scream a lot from secondhand embarrassment/cuteness) another is pretty gory so dont get attached to any character...they will die. kokoro connect will make you have an existential crisis and beyond the boundary has some A++ action and characters. Durarara...durarara has it all. gangs, romance, mythical creatures, high school students- truly amazing.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is my favorite!

I’m also fond of one punch man, madoka magica, death note.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and I highly recommend 'your name' if you haven't seen it yet

You may have already guessed, but Clannad is my all time favorite anime. Kino no Tabi/kinos journey is also up there in my favorites.

Your Lie in April; it's tragic and the last episode never fails to make me cry, but nevertheless is still so beautiful.

Your Lie in April; it's tragic and the last episode never fails to make me cry, but nevertheless is still so beautiful.

This is my second favorite. I've never had an anime make me feel so many emotions at once.

My favorite is Erased. Absolutely outstanding anime.

Last edited:
Back