• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

1 or 2 tile width paths

Path width

• 1 tile wide

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • 2 tiles wide

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • 3+ tiles

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • No paths

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I'm toying with the idea of cutting down my paths to one tile wide, to gain some space.
How wide are your paths?

I primarily use one tile wide for my current town! I've only had it be two tile wide for the outside of the bridges since it flows better, then when the path makes a turn it goes into a one tile wide path :> It doesnt really work with diagonal bridges though. I've been thinking about turning my one diagonal bridge to be vertical or horizontal so the paths will work better with it.

Last edited:
I myself using some place 3 width path with flowers on the side of paths, some use 2 width and some 1 width since my villager sometimes put their house really near to each other and placing their house near pond or where I cannot use the 2 width path
when using 1 width path I usually place the path then clover then another path again..
I'm using like 9 paths design I have seen many people using clover on their path and I think it was not really bad! ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Same with Cryptade, I also using 2 tile width for bridge because if it's only 1 tile width it looks weird for me hahah ;3

My main paths are two spaces wide and I have smaller one tile trails that branch off. If you can find QR codes that have the two options, you can incorporate both!

Two dirt spaces.

Alright, we get it. You hate qr paths and condemn people who don't use natural dirt patches. We get it.

OP, I tend to use two tile paths because I often find I have an abundance of space. That and the fact that it's easier to run on them since you have more space to move. I'm less likely to run over flowers that way.

It took a while to make my paths.

Ha. Thought no one caught what you said before you edited your comment ;)
You wouldn't have to block people if you were chill and didnt blocked anyone for standing up to you.

Come on man, it's an animal crossing forum. A game about living a life and relaxing. I don't see why you feel attacked whenever someone disagrees with what you say. You can have a disagreement and still be chill.

Last edited:
Made mine 2 spaces wide because they have different borders for each side so I kinda need to have them 2 wide. Personally, I think it helps to make my town a bit neater and more oranized, but has led to some less-than-ideal layouts in some places, so there's always pros and cons to every choice

Mine are one space wide. Keeps it nice and simple; having to mess with a bunch of different designs and a wide path just complicates everything.

i typically use a mix of 1 and 2 wide. tho in greymoor the area infront of my mayor's house is 3 wide, the rest 2 and 1.

I have a lot of variation in path width in my town, but mine also don't have borders and have edges that blend into the grass and snow so its a little easier. I usually do 2 wide for the main paths and then 1 for areas like around orchards or the campsite, and 3 for in front of areas like my house of the train station; basically the more "official" I want things to feel, the wider I tend to set the paths :)

I do 2 to add features of reality. In real life paths tend to be rather thick in comparison to narrow paths. I also think having a larger width makes it look better overall as paths make your town as nice as possible. It is also easier to run around your town if your paths are thicker.

It kinda depends on what path pattern I will use. If its simple enough, I use 1 tile, and put flowers on either side of the tile to make it look more like a path, and if the pattern has a unique design I use 2 tiles. I think 2 tiles is enough really.

I mainly like to use 2 spaces wide so that they line up nicely with bridges, but one space paths for little paths that go off to villagers houses, etc :)

I used to use 3 spaces wide, made everything feel grand, but it takes too much space, so I shrunk it to two spaces wide, expect in front of my mayor houses, which keep the 3 spaces path.
One space wide looks a little claustrophobic to me... don't really know how to explain... >v<

Back