• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you spent real money?

Bcat

👻Spoopy all season long👻
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg
I did the deed today and bought the launch special for 99cents. I hate to give Nook the upper-hand, but it was a really good deal.

How about you guys?

I haven't yet, but I feel like I probably will at some point. plus I kind of want the launch special..

Q: Have you spent real money?

A: I would say yes. I used the money to buy the $0.99 launch special. Don't regret buying it.

No. I don't see any reason to at this point. Nintendo has been very generous with leaf tickets. I've earned enough to buy:

The two extra crafting spots @80 each = 160
Four extra market boxes @10 each = 40
Twenty +5 Inventory slots @20 each = 400

Total 600 Tickets

...and I still have over 300 tickets right now. I could buy KK's chair but it seems kind of boring so I'll wait to see if something better comes along.

The key is to have patience and not waste tickets on crafting times or materials.

Note: Leveling up will get you to 12 market boxes and only 150 inventory slots. If you want the max inventory (250) it will cost 400 tickets.

I don't know what the max market box number is, I have found that 16 is plenty for me so I won't be buying any more.

Last edited:
No. It is tempting to buy those special items so K.K. and Tom Nook can come over, but that's a lot of money to spend on a game I feel like I'll get tired of in a month or so (already been playing it three weeks).

Nah, I don't find it necessary honestly. My Nintendo rewards have been helping so it's definitely worth getting a Nintendo account. :)

I spent 4 bucks so far it’s whatever

I don’t care much for KK or Tom Nooks chair so I don’t have a need for a copious amount of leaf tickets yet

I don’t intend on spending anything. I think you get enough leaf tickets to get what you need.

I bought the first 2 launch specials! Ultimately I'm using them to expand my slots & escalate long-time projects, so I don't actually think I'll need them as much once my camp is established. :D

No, nothing. I'm at level 49 (been playing the beta) and the game really does give you everything you need.

Except patience. You'll have to provide that yourself, or pay up!

I bought the $.99 and $2.00 packages, will probably by the other package on payday. Cheep enough price for those two I thought.

Not yet, but if they release more special items that need to be bought with leaf tickets then I probably will

Nope! I'm enjoying the game, but I don't plan to spend any money on it. It's fun, but not immersive enough to justify the use of my hard-earned dollars.

Back