"Too near the plaza! Too near the river!"

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So recently, I started a new town and oh well, I had a almost never ending fight
with Tom Nook about the spot for my mayor's house. The spot I was looking for
was between the river and the plaza, in my opinion there was enough space to
put a house there. However, Nook always found a reason that this spot wouldn't
work for my house. Most of the time, he said it's too near the plaza, then he
started to say that the river is the problem. So what did I done? I pushed him for
minutes back and forth in hope that he would say that it works. However, I gave
up after a while after he still refused to say yes. Luckily, I found another spot which
is also nice. But it's annoying though that you have to make sure that every single
corner fits for your house.

Did you also had troubles with the placement of your house?

Nah. I placed it bit below the train station and above the river. He accepted and I'm fine with the placement (especially since visitors can access my house quickly and I'm able to landscape around my house)

I have a small spot between the river and the train tracks I wanted to place a house in. It took me several tries to find the spot Nook was okay with. It ended up taking out a few of my bamboo trees because Nook didn't seem to like one space down.

I also had Isabelle complain to me that I couldn't place a bridge in the same spot the old one was at because a campsite was in the way. But Isabelle, you let me build that campsite! Why don't you like it now? Fortunately she let me build the bridge at a slight diagonal next to where the original one was but I freaked out for a bit there.

I got a town with a perfect little cove cut out for my house. Sometimes you have to be very very meticulous to get what you want placed where you want. Sometimes there's a slim chance it can actually go there. Alas, sometimes it's just not possible. I usually try to not be picky and just accept my fate or restart completely, which I have no problem doing.

I was trying to put mine near the lower waterfall and all he would say was "too close to the river!" even if we were like 50 feet away lol I settled for closer to the town hall instead. It's frustrating that we're the mayor but we can't choose where our house goes (or anything important in game really).

My neighbours houses were already in the perfect places so I had to choose a really bad and inconvenient spot in the bottom corner of my map. When I tried to put my house in places near to my villagers houses it would either come up with too near to their houses or too near to the rivers or too near to a cliff.

I suppose I can work around the issue, using different placements but when creating the "perfect" town you want it to be perfect not being stopped from being perfect due to a stupid placement of neighbouring houses.

i researched a lot about acres and dead spots so the first time I placed my house, it fit. I think the problem is that you were in the acre with the town plaza while the door exceeded the river's boundaries. Too bad this won't help though

Back