• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

how hard is it to find people willing to sell unpopular villager?

samxmas

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3622-0621-0339
Small Mailbox
Some of my dream villager is unpopular, such as:

lily
ribbot
bruce

how hard is it to find these villager and how much should I offer? thanks

I find it more and more difficult to find anyone willing to sell the 'unpopular' villagers. I would just keep my eyes closely on the Trading Page, continue to post in the Looking For section and keep my fingers crossed. As far as payment, probably a few tbt at most. Good luck, sweetie!

honestly as far as unpopular villagers go, you should generally have a pretty decent chance to get for free so long as you find someone with the villager moving

I mean unless VTP got even more greedy than when I last checked

though difficulty is another matter, and considering more people will probably just void them out than not, expect to have to potentially hunt long and hard (especially if said villager's in like the dead bottom tiers)

Last edited:
Sometimes I've seen threads where people list villagers they void unless requested, so you could put requests in on those sorts of threads and make sure you have space for the villager if/when they get it.

But I think the amiibo cards help as well, since they make villagers more accessible.

I got my less popular villagers from shops that cycle using amiibo cards since usually people don’t want them unless specifically requested for. I admit to doing the same thing, I don’t let anyone know if my less popular villagers are moving but if I have a popular one in my campsite I’ll invite them to move in then sell them on to people who actually want them:rolleyes: The shop I went to isn’t open at the moment but you should be able to find one, lower tiers tend to be cheaper too! I’ve found many amiibo card shops are PWYW :)

i had a hard time finding someone who ddnt auto-void my top two villagers in acnl. Rasher and Marcel. :( tier 5 loves

I thought Lily and Bruce were more popular villagers, they're cute.

Go on a cycling page, reserve villagers from there. I always find low tier villagers and reserve them because nobody else wants them. For example apple. Apple is really cute but she is tier 4 so nobody wants her. I have reserved her in a couple of cycling towns so fingers crossed I'll get her. XD

In my experience it was really hard before the amiibo cards released. It took me months to find Bubbles. I’d post on multiple sites with no leads. I kept finding people who had JUST voided her.

I had a difficult time finding Joey for sale in the forum. He's not too popular so I think people tend to save their time by just voiding him instead of post him up for sale/giveaway :/

It's pretty easy. There are people on the forum with every amiibo card who kindly offer to sell any available villager. I've never had an issue getting whoever I want, usually within a few hours.

I find it helps to post in The Official Looking for/Trading/Buying Thread. Even if I don't happen to see the villager I am looking for in a shop, I have still received messages from people offering to trade from using that thread. It did take me a while to find Roscoe, but that was mostly because whenever I saw him, I still wasn't quite finished with the 16 villager cycle and it was annoying.

Ugh I remember it took me forever to find someone with Broccolo in their cycling town (before this whole amiibo card business). If they have the card, idk why it would be difficult to get them from someone, unless their just unwilling, which would be weird.

okay, thanks guys for the answers.

some of you have mentioned about cycling thread. is that official or not? can you link me with one of the thread?

oh and one more question. should I reserve villager from now, or should i just reserve villager when one of my villager told me he's going to move?

http://www.belltreeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?85-Villager-Trading-Plaza

This is the villager trading plaza. There should be threads tagged as cycling. I would personally reserve them sooner rather than later, but it would probably be better if you had room to except them. Honestly, I’m more than willing to help you out! I own all of the cards and don’t mind moving around some villagers in the Newtown I just made. :)

Last edited:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?85-Villager-Trading-Plaza

This is the villager trading plaza. There should be threads tagged as cycling. I Word personally reserve them sooner rather than later, but it would probably be better if you had room to except them. Honestly, I’m more than willing to help you out! I own all of the cards and don’t mind moving around some villagers in the Newtown I just made. :)
wow thanks! do you have Lily? can I have her? I will gladly pay some TBT for her :)

but Marshal just moves in today (still creating the house). so it might took a bit long :(

wow thanks! do you have Lily? can I have her? I will gladly pay some TBT for her :)

but Marshal just moves in today (still creating the house). so it might took a bit long :(

Yes! I can definitely get Lily for you! :D You can move her in whenever you’d like, just let me know. As long as you have room to except her. Even if someone has an area roped off, you can still invite another villager to move into your town. Unless that villager is the 10th, then you’ll have to wait for someone to move out. ;)

Cycling threads are your friend. There are quite a few that have most, or all amiibo cards that you can order a villager from. Usually the unpopular ones are very cheap, or sometimes free!

I would use amiibo cards. If you buy a villager, that villager will be talking about their old town, and playing their old town tune to you - forever.

I would use amiibo cards. If you buy a villager, that villager will be talking about their old town, and playing their old town tune to you - forever.

haha I love that actually. it's a nice variety.

and I don't have an Amiibo card :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes! I can definitely get Lily for you! :D You can move her in whenever you’d like, just let me know. As long as you have room to except her. Even if someone has an area roped off, you can still invite another villager to move into your town. Unless that villager is the 10th, then you’ll have to wait for someone to move out. ;)

yeah, unfortunately I just had Marshal roped off today as a 10th villager. so it might took a long time for me to get Lily. I'll add your FC and will tell you when I can adopt Lily :)

thanks

Back