• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villager move in question

squidpops

🌈🌴🍯
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4283-9990-2999
So its happened again. My mom has somehow got a villager in her town from my town. But ofc there's odd things that don't make sense on how she even got the villager.

1. Poppy is the villager. She lived in my OLD town which I deleted. She also moved out of my old town awhile before I deleted it.
2. The town my mom has her in is her second town. She deleted her first town. I never went into her 2nd town with my first town's characters.

We have streetpassed/spotpassed/whatever its called each other so is that why she has got Poppy? Even so my old town was deleted before she made her second town. I don't fully understand how streetpass works, does it store villager info like that?
I can't find any info on this from just googling so can anyone here help?

There's something called the "void". When a villager moves out (without having someone come to your town and asking for them to move in) they become "voided". These voided villagers stay in your game's memory until they get cycled out (i dont remember the number though).
When streetpassing someone else could pick up one of your voided villagers.
As for if it was possible to have them picked up from a deleted town: I don't think so, but I'm not entirely sure.

Are you sure it's the same Poppy? They'd usually say they came from -insert old towns name- occasionally if they did. Otherwise it may just be an entirely new Poppy :0

Last edited:
There's something called the "void". When a villager moves out (without having someone come to your town and asking for them to move in) they become "voided". These voided villagers stay in your game's memory until they get cycled out (i dont remember the number though).
As for if it was possible to have them picked up from a deleted town: I don't think so, but I'm not entirely sure.

Are you sure it's the same Poppy? They'd usually say they came from -insert old towns name- occasionally if they did. Otherwise it may just be an entirely new Poppy :0
Like cryptade said, the void may be what the issue is. A similar occurrence happened with me and my friend. She got Whitney from my old town. To stop the void just don't visit while you still have them in there. However, you said you didn't do that so I don't know.

Oh I know about voided villagers and yeah it's the same Poppy. She says she came from The Void. My old towns name. But like I said I never went into my moms second town with my first towns characters and her town was made after I deleted my old one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like cryptade said, the void may be what the issue is. A similar occurrence happened with me and my friend. She got Whitney from my old town. To stop the void just don't visit while you still have them in there. However, you said you didn't do that so I don't know.

Yeah she definitely couldn't have picked Poppy up from my town's void so I'm guessing their info is stored in streetpass somehow. Bit weird

I believe there actually is a way to clear your void, you just have to visit a town with 10 villagers (not a DA) :>

Back