• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Second Game or Second DS?

Hsn97

Inexperienced Person
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3659-0452-2022
Isabelle
For a while now I've toyed with the idea of getting another ac cartridge. Mainly because I want to breed gold roses without having to worry about my umpteen amount of other hybrids dying. I'd also like to use a second town to obtain the weedihg badge, again without wrecking my main town. But then it dawned on my to make all this work I need another console as well.

I was just wondering what you guys had? Do you have two towns and if so do you have two consoles as well?

I have 2 towns (main digital, extra used for weeding and requests and etc physical) and 2 3DS systems (new XL and old XL)

Last edited:
I have more than 2 3DS and a lot of ACNL cartridge. Before getting a 2 3DS I dropped items in my son town and than switch cartridges. Later I asked to borrow his 3DS to make it easier.
1st copy is my main town and has no time traveling. No online friends visit that town.

2nd copy started out as a spare town and later became my Guest town. It's a place that I invite my online friend to visit. It's also set in a different season. It's nice to escape winter and drop by my Guest town set in summer. It's a town that I will leave on the same day if I get perfect fruit or high turnip prices. Everyone can sell before I move on.

3rd copy I made a beautiful town. It's frozen on a date for now.

4th copy I added my 1st boy extra player. It's a town that I play when I want to and how I want to.

I have some spare towns for growing weeds and perfect fruit. Also use those town for high turnip prices and for jumping ahead to buy on a Sunday when one of the other towns has high turnip prices. I do a buy and sell on the same day.

Bought another copy that has my 1st boy mayor. There is an extra boy and girl player living in that town. I haven't decided which villagers to move in.

When I start a town I pick just before May so I can get the tarantula and scorpion out of the way. Chop down most of the trees so they are easier to catch. Once I get those bugs I start adding PWP and making it a real town. My 1st boy mayor town still needs their scorpions before it can get developed.

It really is easiest with two consoles. I only got a new one recently and after playing solo on one console for years, having the second console (and town) made a world of difference to opening up aspects of gameplay that had been closed for me. If you can afford it, go for it.

I have two consoles and four games. If you can, I'd get a second DS that would allow you to transfer your hybrids the easiest way.
It would also help you to get a number of badges including weeding, visiting, hosting, and streetpass :)

I ('m going to) have 2 consoles and 4 games. I'm going to buy the next game I see under $15.
But having a second console would make things easier, I think.

I have 2 towns an only one 3DS. It's frustrating because in order to trade with myself I need help from other people, by coming n their towns and one mayor, dropping stuff and coming back as the other one to collect. If possible I'd like to get a second 3DS, but they're crazy expensive here, even if I have the money, I don't feel it's worth it just to trade.. :(

I have fourteen towns, thirteen cartridges and one download. I also have two of the DS XL's for traveling between towns to deliver bells, furniture, landscaping materials, Katie trips, petitions and the like.

I have 2 DSes and 3 copies of the game. Worth it. I was so excited when I got a new 3DS for christmas last year because I knew I could finally play between towns.

I have fourteen towns, thirteen cartridges and one download. I also have two of the DS XL's for traveling between towns to deliver bells, furniture, landscaping materials, Katie trips, petitions and the like.

Crikey! O_O

When do you eat, sleep, etc?

Last edited:
I don't have two 3ds's or two cartridges (though ive been planning on getting another cartridge) but personally I'm too much of a cheapo to get a second 3ds for myself. I'd only do that if my current one is in really bad shape. Then again i do have the option to borrow my brother's, especially since he doesn't play on it much anymore, so I wouldn't really need to get myself a second one anyway.
I say: find more reasons to get a second 3ds. Though you could get them fairly cheap second-hand, it's still a lot just for a minor reason. But this is your decision and if you see it's worth it I'd say go for it! Christmas and black friday are around the corner after all B)

Last edited:
I've definitely toyed with the idea of buying a second copy of the game, mostly for the inevitable moment when the acnl interwebs die out and in case I still wanted to play then (I started on the game very late). I do have 2 DS's, having just upgraded recently. I'm not sure it'd be worth it to buy another copy though, since I don't play acnl that much - relatively speaking. I think if you need to upgrade your system then you should definitely go for it. If you don't, well... I would want to make absolutely sure I'd still be committed to the game a few months from now

i have two towns and plan on getting a second ds in the future just to make things easier transferring things to towns

Back