• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

what has acnl helped you through?

this is such a nice thread idea. the way that animal crossing helps to remind of you of the sweet, pleasant parts of life is so lovely. it's different to any other game i've played. just being able 2 sit on a log bench by the river, while the sun sets behind the trees, can make u feel so relaxed and calm. it can take u out of anything hard thats happening in real life, so u can just live in ur serene little town for a while and forget.

i'm sorry about your dad man, that sucks and i hope you're doing alright. if you need anyone to talk to don't hesitate to pm me

but animal crossing as a series has helped me through a lot. i didn't have many friends growing up so having a game where i could live in a little town with animals with a cute life was nice. i got new leaf when my family was losing our houe so having the new game helped me go through that rough patch.

and now i got back into new leaf when somebody i care for dearly did something to hurt me so this series has helped me get through a lot and i'm thankful for it

I'm sorry for your loss! To answer your question ACNL has helped me with many things over the years, mainly to combat the feeling of loneliness. Don't get me wrong, I do have friends, but there was a time where I didn't have that many or felt like I had that many. So having virtual animals tell you that they appreciate you everyday, really meant a lot to me in that aspect. It helps me when i'm in a bad mood too. It helps me to stay happy and keep my mind off of things tbh.

I'm so sorry for your loss... New Leaf helped me get through my father's passing, too. The whole series, honestly, has helped me through my struggles with depression and anxiety and all of the twists and turns life threw at me. No matter how bad things get, I have something to look forward to every day.

Back