• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is Babadook a gay icon?

is babadook a gay icon

• hell yes

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • hell no

Votes: 18 47.4%

• Total voters

gaydani

kliff is bae
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Purple Bat Potion
Lucky
Blue Hybrid Rose
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Coco
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
Mint
New Leaf Token
we all know the babadook is truly the worlds best gay icon ever but some disagree
what do you think

This was a good meme before straight people ruined it by applying every single gay stereotype they could to him.

Babadook helped me accept me for who i am. I am babaproud

The movie being wrongly categorised by Netflix could have made for a great publicity stunt, but takes away somewhat from the actual film he is from.

he was until straight people ruined him so no

i didn't really pay attention to this meme but i think it's lighthearted and fun for some people ig?

It was a cute meme, better than straight people trying to force the same thing with Pennywise.

no it?s just a meme tbh and it was ruined by straight people. it was especially bad when the it clown was portrayed as a gay icon by buzzfeed or whomstever like Buddies Maybe You Should Leave Old Memes Behind And Not Be Homophobic By Making Horror Movie Villains Into Kinda Offensive Gay Stereotypes

I had no clue about the meme lmao

i watched the movie a few years ago and don't remember seeing any hints about it being a gay icon, but idk maybe my memory is wrong.

What meme is this...?

I had no clue about the meme lmao

i watched the movie a few years ago and don't remember seeing any hints about it being a gay icon, but idk maybe my memory is wrong.

I'm pretty sure a while back Netflix accidentally categorized the Babadook movie in the LGBT section and it's been a meme ever since

ehh, that's subjective,,

i think originally, it was just some lighthearted fun for the lgbtq+ community, but the meme became old really fast when he just became a cesspool of gay stereotypes thanks to buzzfeed and straight people?

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, I'm a gay icon.

That's a travesty.

what a mood

I don't get the meme at all. I see 'straight people ruined it' comments, can I ask how? I genuinely have no idea.

Maybe i don't get it bc i'm straight? idk. i'm sorry ;;

Edit: Ah, nvm. I see what happened.

Last edited:
Back