• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Preparing for the harvest festival

Tiffany

🌜 from Lunasoleil 🌞
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3772-7854-6594
Blue Christmas Stocking
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
So I'm trying to collect items in advance of the harvest festival to save time the day of. I have been searching online to find out what I need but I'm seeing some things in one place but not others. Thonky was the first place I checked but that is the only list that does not mention scallop or seaweed(it's missing cherries but that's been mentioned as a mistake elsewhere). Do I need the seaweed and scallops or not?
Also what items do the villagers ask for that Franklin doesn't want and how many should I get?
Thanks and happy harvest festival :)

You should go and dive for lobsters. Last year, Frankin wanted to make a lobster dish.

Villagers usually ask you for fruit, mushrooms or ingredients, like vinegar or flour. You can get these by trading food with other villagers.

Seaweed is used in salad.

I would gather seaweed and scallops just in case because you won't know which dishes you're making in advance. The villagers will usually ask you for easy-to-catch fish like crucian carps, sea bass, dabs, olive flounders, etc. in trade for the special ingredients.

Someone put together this list [x] of all possible items to collect and how many in order to make every single dish. Of course, you don't need to gather this much it's just a count of all ingredients in all dishes while you'll only make four.

Thanks guys. Thonky lists the recipes and what's in them but there's no mention of scallops or seaweed. I'll get crackin on collecting stuff. Thanks again

EDIT: Ok so I got a good jump on gathering stuff today(I am missing some fruit but the guides say I can get it from villagers after giving them what they ask for). I've got almost everything on thonkys list plus a couple things they missed. After going to the island I managed to get 1 red snapper but I haven't found a scallop or lobster yet. Funny when I was after the nov deep sea creatures I had no trouble finding scallops or lobsters but now that I actually need them. Wish I had thought about it at the time and kept them, smh. I'll just have to keep looking.

Last edited:
Back