Votes: 12 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
As a few others have said, I'm a Witch, so I do believe in magic. It isn't the Hollywood version, but rather projected energy.

I wonder if some of the people who are so dismissive would also discredit the idea of the power of prayer. It's a very similar concept, folks, just different words.

I liked this when I was on my phone so I could come back and reply lol...

But THIS I always try to explain this to people, because it's usually Christians who seem to have the biggest problem with my religion, hence why I don't openly discuss it IRL often unless I'm SURE of whose listening. (I don't want to be burned ok...) But it's all willpower, and energy, we just have different deities, different gods, and different ways of getting our intentions out, same as someone praying to their higher power.

I personally don't have a deity and I'm kind of jealous of people who do. T_T

AND if anybody wants to talk more about magic and witchy things add me and be my friend because I need more witch friends plz. <3

Last edited:
Q: Do you believe in magic?

A: I would like to believe in magic, but I am not so sure about it at all. Sometimes I'm kind of skeptical about the possibility of magic and sometimes I'm not. Though... It would be nice to truly believe that magic could actually be out there. I watch this show called Once Upon A Time that involves magic. It is currently on season seven at the moment.

Yup! I'm sorta Pagan... more of a mix of Paganism, Buddhism, and Agnosticism, since I just don't really feel like I can really connect with any "main" religion. When it comes to actual magick, I do believe and use it (not magic like poofing stuff and waving a wand, magick like witchcraft). I'm not too familiar with rituals and spells, but I do know the basics. I'm more familiar with crystal energy "lore" and how different objects can be used to amplify and concentrate energy for use.

heck yes i do! the kind in a young girl's heart. How the music can free her whenever it starts

As a few others have said, I'm a Witch, so I do believe in magic. It isn't the Hollywood version, but rather projected energy.

I wonder if some of the people who are so dismissive would also discredit the idea of the power of prayer. It's a very similar concept, folks, just different words.

yeah i do lol

it can help people feel better bc they think praying or magic or w/e helps and thats great but neither actually change other things

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think if people redefine their idea about what magic is, they might start to believe.
Magic isn?t a person tricking you into thinking a rabbit is coming out of a portal in their hat.

Real magic is putting serious intention and willpower into healing a sick creature with herbs and positive thinking and watching it heal, when it?s diagnosis was fatal.
Real magic is happening to run into someone who helps you open up a whole new pathway in your life when you were thinking about it all the past week.
It?s also the feeling of making real change in the world by merely hoping, putting intention towards it, and perhaps lighting a candle or two.

Magic is so real, and so accessible, but a closed mind is all it takes to close out it?s possibilities.

lol that?s called alternative medicine and is a giant scam but ok

as a practitioner of witchcraft, i do believe in magick! i think there's a lot of misconceptions about magick and witchcraft because of the type of "magic" that media portrays. real magick doesn't have to be grandiose and physically impossible, it can manifest in more subtle ways.

I do! I know it stems from my fascination with the occult from a young age and my need for control. I have lots of anxiety/depression issues (stemming from a crappy childhood and lots of misfortune scattered about), so I have to maintain some sort of control over my external world. This includes luck charms, sigils, safety rituals, invocations and especially divination.

- - - Post Merge - - -

as a practitioner of witchcraft, i do believe in magick! i think there's a lot of misconceptions about magick and witchcraft because of the type of "magic" that media portrays. real magick doesn't have to be grandiose and physically impossible, it can manifest in more subtle ways.

Not gonna lie- what got me into witchcraft was the portrayal of it in media like the movie "The Craft". Those girls called themselves wiccan, opened the circle with an actual invocation and then strayed so far from the reed, as evidenced by their cruelty to the protagonist. I still love that movie, but I still squirm when they start exploring the darkness. I'm not even Wiccan and I don't believe in trying to use magick to influence others. I've been known to cast simple charms on people, but I never try to influence them through mystcial means.

I believe in the paranormal and broken minds (as in minds that have unlocked their sixth sense). It sounds ludicrous, but that's just my opinion. Respect mine and I'll respect yours. Simple, Simon.

Last edited:
I’m really unsure about this. I mean, some part of me makes me think that there is a thing called magic in this world after all the TV shows I’ve watched about cool magicians doing some wild tricks. When I was younger, my parents told me that I shouldn’t trust those TV shows and believe in that magic unless I see it myself. They claimed that it was all just editing in the video and the people are staged, but I’m 50/50 about this, therefore I’m unsure.

No, not at all. But I don't need to bash other people because of my personal disbelief.

Back