• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you believe in magic?

Do you believe in magic?

• Yes, as part of my spirituality

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Yes, but not as part of my spirituality

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Buttonsy

Loser
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
I personally do! It's very hard for me to believe that we are bound to extremely strict physical laws and limited possibilities of what can and cannot be done. I'm also very interested in learning about magic in the sense of spirituality and actually doing magic in my day-to-day life(or "magick", as some people say).

I'm a witch so yes, to an extent. No I don't think I can manifest objects out of thin air or anything, but willpower is a very strong thing and can make very real things happen.

im unsure but i leaning more towards no
it is a possibility, i mean, how would i know?
i like to stick to science though, it makes me feel safer

Sometimes I wonder. Like when you see a magician doing a trick that you just can't figure out.

personally no. ive seen nothing that would make me believe in magic. id like to believe in it, so if i see anything id consider solid evidence of it existing id believe it. i think a lot of magic is summed up to a persons personal beliefs- so magical remedies and the like are moreso placebo effect, but the brain is very easy to trick into actually affecting the body, so they gain benefits due to their belief in the magic remedy. i dont believe in those things, so it would never work for me, but i think if something works for someone else i dont want to ruin it for them. i know some wiccan friends who do legitimately benefit from their beliefs.

regarding non-witchy type magics, like magicians, i respect the occupation and would totally go see a good magician. when you get to magician type magic its all in good fun

no, all matter abides to the laws of ohysics & no one is more different than another concerning that....but they are cool & fun illusions to watch

no, the idea of people thinking they're witches and other things is something i don't believe (i'm a very sceptical person) but as long as it isn't hurting anybody i'm happy for people to do whatever they want

I mean I see "magic" as technically anything that doesn't abide to the current established laws of physics, which I guess isn't impossible?? I voted unsure (I'm still waiting for my hogwarts letter though)

i think it depends on what you define magic as tbh

i identify as agnostic and it tends to apply to like, everything that involves skeptics vs. believers, including magic

I think if people redefine their idea about what magic is, they might start to believe.
Magic isn’t a person tricking you into thinking a rabbit is coming out of a portal in their hat.

Real magic is putting serious intention and willpower into healing a sick creature with herbs and positive thinking and watching it heal, when it’s diagnosis was fatal.
Real magic is happening to run into someone who helps you open up a whole new pathway in your life when you were thinking about it all the past week.
It’s also the feeling of making real change in the world by merely hoping, putting intention towards it, and perhaps lighting a candle or two.

Magic is so real, and so accessible, but a closed mind is all it takes to close out it’s possibilities.

Last edited:
No, I don't believe in magic, nor should I believe in it. Magic is an abomination.

Back