• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's a weird fact or statistic you've learned recently?

Buttonsy

Loser
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Remember that fact-checking is always a good idea when spreading information! Using reputable sources for your information helps stop people from believing in things that aren't true. :lemon:

My fact: Bananas are actually berries!

Only roughly 50% of dogs are good boys... The rest are good girls.

sry i stole this from reddit

When you're at a store and you want to check the price on something, the barcode scanner actually scans the white lines, not the black ones.

or is it the other way around?

image06.gif

Bromelain, an enzyme that helps the body to assimilate proteins from food, is only found naturally in pineapple.

Mount Everest is the tallest peak on Earth but the tallest mountain when measured from base to summit is Mauna Kea, an inactive Hawaiian volcano. Most of it is underwater in the Pacific Ocean and extends over 10,000 metres total, 1,200 metres taller than Mount Everest.

at the time of the moon landing, it would have been more expensive to have faked it than to have actually gone to the moon! this is because the parallel lighting seen in the footage would have only been possible in two ways at the time: thousands of expensive lasers, or lighting from the sun.

almost 80% of current heroin users started off on a prescription opioid to manage their pain

that blew my mind....innocent people in pain succumbing to addiction & having their lives ruined due to poor healthcare management and doctors writing off oxycodone like its candy

a division symbol is just a blank fraction with dots replacing the numerator and denominator

sea poison trees look like cheerleader pom poms or fibre optic lights when blooming (":

Just how many foods have carbs in them.

I'm trying to go on a low-to-no carb diet to manage my weight and try and get rid of arthritis pain, and the struggle to find foods with no carbs or as few as possible was really hard. It also means saying goodbye to literally all of my favorite foods. All of them.

Back