• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Blue roses and white carnations

Miss Impossible

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I only started putting effort into getting hybrids a few months ago. Most of them I managed pretty easily but blue roses and white carnations continue to elude me! I've seen several methods of getting both and I've tried them all for several weeks at a time and it's just not happening. I'm using fertiliser and watering every day too.

The most recent methods I've tried are breeding red and pink carnations together to get white (not happening - I'm only getting more reds and pinks) and to get blue roses I'm using the method I've seen most commonly online, which is to breed purple and orange roses together to get red roses, then breeding those red roses together to get blue roses. It's just not happening! They seem to be producing every other colour except blue.

So, can anyone who's made these hybrids help me by telling me what I need to do? Please only tell me if you've actually done it yourself and can confirm your method works - I've read so many methods online which haven't worked. Thanks so much! :)

For the white carnation, I bred the red and pink to get another pink, then bred the two pinks.
I had two white carnations within a week.

*Always use fertilizer.

Blue roses. Yep, breed two white roses to get a purple. Breed a yellow and a red rose to get orange.

Then breed the orange and purple to get the special red roses. Don't use any orange and purple that spawn, only keep the orange and purple that had the proper parents. So only keep the red roses.

Breed the hybrid reds to get blue. Get rid of any reds that spawn from the hybrid reds, as those are just regular reds. Keep track of them.

It took me a month of time travelling to get my two blue roses.
Once you have them, they breed very easily.

Last edited:
welcome to the world of hybreeding and RNG luck...

so the key word is persistence. It took me four months to get my first blue rose and when I finally saw it, I freaked! I'm sure the red and pink carnation combination works, you just gotta be patient. I've never really had trouble breeding white carnations from this method. Also, are you only watering the flowers you are breeding? it lowers your chance of getting the hybrids you want if you water everything so limit the water to the hybreeding flowers.

Blue roses were the trickiest hybrids to breed.

First I bred orange and purple roses, but I didn't use those roses immediately to make "hybreds". Instead, I used the orange roses to spawn more orange roses and the purple roses to spawn more purple roses.

Then I used the freshly spawned orange and purple roses to make "hybreds". After more "hybreds" spawned, I placed them together and eventually got a blue rose.

As for carnations, you can spawn any color with any combination. It's a waiting game.

It's going to take forever. You're doing the right methods...I just know some people who have tried for 4 months to even a year without success.

For blue roses, keep all your breeding roses on the beach. Or somewhere that is inaccessible to the animal villagers. If they end up planting a flower there (a red rose) then you might get confused and not realize which one is a hybrid and which isn't. The beach is the easiest place to do that.

So once you get your two red hybrids, keep them on the beach. Use fertilizer (if you have it) if not you might want to upgrade to the last supermarket. Plant it near the flowers and I don't know if it helps, but use your golden watering can. You might want to get one of those, if you don't have one yet also.

It took me forever to get just one blue rose...once you get your first one store it somewhere to avoid damaging it.

Well at first I found these difficult to make. Blue roses were my favourite type of rose at that point in time so I wanted to make hundreds of them to fill one half of my town. I bred 76 blue in 3 months with a golden watering can and the beautiful town ordinance. I bred them using the beach and it really helped. A few of my friends also made sure these techniques were used and it really improved the rate the roses were made. At first I was getting like one after a month of trying and then once i made 2 blue roses I was making loads and loads. However, it may be easier to get two blue roses off retail and then eventually breed more and more because the first couple of roses are the hardest to breed in my opinion. Hope I helped!��

Please read mine again. I have been breeding them for a long time, and wouldn't mislead you. Do what I said in my post. Do NOT use orange or purple that have spawned from other orange and purples. Only use orange and purple with the proper parent.
White + white for purple
Red + yellow for orange.

Please read mine again. I have been breeding them for a long time, and wouldn't mislead you. Do what I said in my post. Do NOT use orange or purple that have spawned from other orange and purples. Only use orange and purple with the proper parent.
White + white for purple
Red + yellow for orange.

Well according to this:

[RY]Orange and [WW]Purple can be bred with others of the same color.
The resulting [OO]Orange and [PP]Purple offspring are slightly better at
producing [OP]Red offspring.

I tried it your way, but it didn't work for me. Then I placed my faith in the method above and slowly got blue roses.

All I'm saying is that there're different methods to breed blue roses. Everyone is entitled to use their own method to breed hybrids.

Thanks so much for the advice, everyone! ^^ It's reassuring to know I'm doing the right things, guess I'll just have to be patient and keep at it!

Back