• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Oh, dear, now I know why...

Nenya

I hope you dance!
Apple 🍎
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mystery New Balloon Token
Orange Heart Balloon
Hot Cocoa
Blue Hybrid Rose
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
ぶ
...people reset sometimes, I think.

I just loaded my town of Elenrast as a Dream Town yesterday. I waited (expectantly) until it was completely finished, and it is. Now what?! Nothing. There is nothing left to do there except fetch and carry for the villagers! That does not sound particularly fun...

Good thing I completely tore down my first town a few weeks ago and am already rebuilding it. It looks so different and, I think, lovely so far. I am planning my second character and saving up stuff for her. Each day I am excited to see the new PWP or how the bushes and trees have grown. But...

I told my daughter I will probably want another cartridge. I think she already got me one for the "holiday." I didn't know for sure until today, but I am undoubtedly on the slippery slope to being the mayor of multiple towns, hoodathotit. I'm happy about that!!

Tell us about your slippery slope experiences. I know that there are a good number of you out there with more than one town!

Last edited:
You taking a slippery slope there my friend (as hoodathotit would say) That's awesome that you got your town complete for a dream address! Bet that feels great! I've been holding off on even making a DA for mine because I feel it's always incomplete.

I'm going to say my slippery slope started back in 2002 with the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing. I've owned a copy of each version since then, though I tend to play only the most current one. I got the Animal Crossing special edition 3ds with a digital copy and a cartridge on release day in 2013. I only used the digital copy until a few months ago when I started a town on the cartridge. I reset that a few times until I hit upon a town I felt "at home" in. So, I was playing two towns until October. I'm not entirely sure what happened after that, but I have since amassed a quantity of cartridges. I am too embarrassed to say how many... I have a third town that is now a going concern and ideas for several other towns which have not been set up yet. Mostly, I experienced a huge creative surge with this game at this point in my life. It has been a very very positive experience and I am lucky to have a husband who understands and supports my slippery slope!

I visited your DA, by the way - very nice!

I feel you! Landscaping is by far the funnest part of the game for me, so now that I've finished it in Willow except for a few areas that I'm waiting for a pwp request, I'm getting kind of bored of it. I probably should have just took my time a little more. I am even having a hard time having a second town, because it's a different name and mayor so it doesn't really feel like my town. I have just started getting into it more and the name I came up with is actually pretty cute, so I'm sure it just takes some getting used to!

Congrats on creating a DA! I will have to check it out next time I visit the dream suite. :)

I'm always curious, with people who have more than one town or even people who run shops on here, whether you have time to play other 3ds games (assuming you want to :p). When I was binging this game during the summer (just started then), I found that that was the only game I could sustain ;-; I've always felt the urge to get another copy of the game, so I could use it to cycle for villagers, but I always pulled back because that seemed like the brink. Personally, it didn't feel very healthy, since I would having falling-asleep dreams about ACNL, plotting villagers, etc. Or have like, unbidden ACNL thoughts crop up all day, like when I saw some fresh cement "roped" off and immediately thought "hey, villager plot." Having more than one town doesn't necessarily mean you'll be unhealthily obsessed though!

I recently got my second copy for my birthday, and I think I'm getting one from my mom for Christmas. Geez, I think before I know it I'll have 7 towns... Domden, Dream and Drexel. (Have Domden/Dream, possibly getting Drexel.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

...people reset sometimes, I think.

I just loaded my town of Elenrast as a Dream Town yesterday. I waited (expectantly) until it was completely finished, and it is. Now what?! Nothing. There is nothing left to do there except fetch and carry for the villagers! That does not sound particularly fun...

Good thing I completely tore down my first town a few weeks ago and am already rebuilding it. It looks so different and, I think, lovely so far. I am planning my second character and saving up stuff for her. Each day I am excited to see the new PWP or how the bushes and trees have grown. But...

I told my daughter I will probably want another cartridge. I think she already got me one for the "holiday." I didn't know for sure until today, but I am undoubtedly on the slippery slope to being the mayor of multiple towns, hoodathotit. I'm happy about that!!

Tell us about your slippery slope experiences. I know that there are a good number of you out there with more than one town!
Oh, and btw, your DA is awesome, but I can't see in the dark >_<

I'm always curious, with people who have more than one town or even people who run shops on here, whether you have time to play other 3ds games (assuming you want to :p). When I was binging this game during the summer (just started then), I found that that was the only game I could sustain ;-; I've always felt the urge to get another copy of the game, so I could use it to cycle for villagers, but I always pulled back because that seemed like the brink. Personally, it didn't feel very healthy, since I would having falling-asleep dreams about ACNL, plotting villagers, etc. Or have like, unbidden ACNL thoughts crop up all day, like when I saw some fresh cement "roped" off and immediately thought "hey, villager plot." Having more than one town doesn't necessarily mean you'll be unhealthily obsessed though!

Lmao you just described my life! Yes AC is the only game I play... And I even dream about it sometimes... But I'm perfectly content with that! I don't have much time to play any games though so I like to focus on one game. It is my happy place. :D

I haven't gotten to the dream address part. I feel like I'm too picky and my town is never fully complete...the times it's been close to it..I just find myself resetting. I now have two copies of the games with two towns nowhere near completion. Hey but it keeps me playing :D

I couldn't handle another town. I'd seriously have no time to live my life. Actually.. AC has become my life. LoL

Hi, all, I appreciate your positive comments, and I thank you!

Yes, it does feel great to have "completed" Elenrast, but odd, too, thus the slippery slope, lol. I did hold off on making a DA until the town was finished because I'm not fond of dreaming about towns that are WIP, but I have still gotten a lot of ideas from some of them. :) By the way, if you would like to read about my characters, who they are and why their homes are set up the way they are, check them out at TBT Official Dream Address thread: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?397171-Official-Dream-Address-Thread-%26%239790%3B-V-2 Elenrast is listed under Themed Towns...

ACNL is my only game and it is a huge creative outlet for me, too. My immediate family (husband, two daughters and grandson) are all supportive, but I don't talk about it with my sisters-they just don't get it, so best keep quiet. Oh, and I do dream about my towns irl! I, too, found it felt a little strange to be playing a new town and mayor when I got my second town, but I quickly got used to it. I have a feeling I will get used to my third town even more quickly, lol! (when I get it)

I have a set time during the day in which to play. It's actually quite a small period of time compared to the other stuff I do in my life, lol. If I don't play a town on one day, I'm not too bothered, I'll just play it the next day. I take this game at a slow pace and having multiple towns is sustainable for me playing in such a relaxed way. The creative benefits have helped enhance other parts of my life as well, so there's that out if it at least.

i was on this slippery slope once- now i'm on the escalator back up!

i sold my japanese copy (i know, i know) yesterday- it's being posted tomorrow, and my other digital copy and 3ds will be mailed to a friend living in australia when he has enough money (":

I have fourteen towns... that is the most I know of, but I just am certain there is someone out there who can beat my record. And I just bought my fifteenth. I am not sure when the slippery slope started. I began playing in 2002 when my daughter was six years old. She is 21 now and has four towns of her own. I just find ACNL a perfect way to combat real world crises in my life. I care for an Alzheimer's patient (mother) and much of my time is just spent monitoring her. That in and of itself is very depressing and emotionally taxing. Being able to hop on and spend time with the little critters in ACNL is exactly what I need. I spend a lot of time landscaping because it's what I really enjoy. And having so many towns enables me to have lots of neighbors to interact with. I have a set schedule of towns checks to make certain no one moves without my knowledge and it all works very successfully. I am very thankful for my ACNL families :)

I can definitely relate to that, Dorian. The colorful upbeat quality of the game helps me combat the stress I deal with in my life and the creative aspect spills over into everything else, so it's actually benefiting those I am around, live and work with in real life.

All my towns are a wip but the closer they get to "completion", the more bored I get. A brand new village with new varmints is the most interesting place to be for me. Just this afternoon, I picked up my town of DryRot that I hadn't touched in 28 days and was my(my?) hair a mess. Oddly, no one had moved out. All the storage slots are filled as are the museum 2nd floor rooms. This is just silly...I have several more towns in the same condition but I'm such a pack rat I think it's more trouble than it's worth to just sell off all the excess. (I have a town, Pitfall, with a Mayor named PackRat) Every once in a while I'll go on a tear and wipe out a half-dozen cartridges and end up doing it all again swearing that each new village will be different or unique but they always seem to go the same way...I've done a few one-species towns but herding cats would be easier than trying to keep them from vanishing. The town of Old Leaf is still all Wolf but I've had to Amiibo 4 of them back in....rambling....19 towns is bordering on a loose screw somewhere... I was in Wal-Mart the other day (nearest one is 21 miles away) and actually considered buying #20 before reality set in...Slippery slope, indeed!

Whoa... I only have one town and one save file. Looking at how some of you have several carts for many towns... Quite wild this slippery slope I see! o.0

This makes me wish the next version on the Switch would let us have multiple save files at once. Fortunately, I know that for many games already on the Switch, this is done by creating a new username for each player - And each name gets their own save data file per game.

In this way, I don't see how they couldn't allow us to have multiple towns per cartridge in the next release - other than greed. v.v

Wow, I only have one game and I don't see how people have time to pkay so many towns. I prefer just to make a new character or redecorate if I want something new to do.

After all the hours, work, trading and what not I put into this game... I would buy a new game to start over before I would ever delete my town. I have gotten way to many sets and special items to start all over again. I just can't do it. As fun as it would be to start over. One day I will probably buy another copy. Unless something better then New Leaf comes out. I didn't really like Happy Home Designer.

After all the hours, work, trading and what not I put into this game... I would buy a new game to start over before I would ever delete my town. I have gotten way to many sets and special items to start all over again. I just can't do it. As fun as it would be to start over. One day I will probably buy another copy. Unless something better then New Leaf comes out. I didn't really like Happy Home Designer.

That's how it starts. Easier to just buy another game than lose all that work. Well...as long as money isn't tight...But, if some of the fossils you dig up were classmates.........

That's how it starts. Easier to just buy another game than lose all that work. Well...as long as money isn't tight...But, if some of the fossils you dig up were classmates.........

Exactly! Easier to just buy another game...and why not?! LOL, I hoped you would chime in here, hoodathotit! After all, I got the phrase "slippery slope" from one of your posts, of course. Sounds like almost all of us on this thread are on, or have been on, the slippery slope and it's a fun ride! I wonder if I will ever get off... It sure doesn't seem like it right now, but one never knows, does one? Carp is getting off; I hope you find something even more engaging than New Leaf to spend your time and energy on, Carp. (Is there such an activity?)

Back