• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hair style opinion

Laureline

Afk at Random
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Spring Sakura
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
White Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Blue Candy
Purple Candy
Famous Mushroom
Sakura Easter Egg
I'm in need of multiple opinions on my mayors hair style. I like the color but the hair style is just not working

HNI_0085.JPG
HNI_0084.JPG
HNI_0086.JPG

Last edited:
Depends on if you're going to wear a hat or leave it plain. That hair looks cute with certain hats, but I don't care for the style plain.

It all comes down to preference. What I like might not be what you like. I had to test out a few haircuts until I found some that I thought were good. It also depends on the villager and what they represent.

Well I tried a beret and the color wasn't appealing. I do know that I'd like to see the back of the jacket.

Here's my favorite because I wanted to stay away from the little girl look as much as possible.

Answer her questions: 1. casual 2. stylish side 3. I like to be left alone.

And here is my favorite link to hairstyle choices: http://www.jvgs.net/new-leaf-hair-guide.htm

I love that you can change it every day if you want to!

If you get enough haircuts you can also have the other sexes styles. I don't know, maybe you like one of those for your villager?

thats actually my favorite. the color i have with it is dark blue

personally i think it fits your mayor.
i'm wearing that same color for one of my other characters, but with this style:
y35iMTuATbGSceunzDKd3A.png

If you're seeking something similar, try the braided wig. It's almost the same but I thrill slightly cuter.

My second mayor has the same face and the hairsytle I wear is all the way formal/ business/ fresh. The straight bangs look cute and they don't have the weird middle part that the pigtail hairstyle has.

I like it, personally, I think it looks nice with your eyes, the colour is good too. This style also goes well with hats. But it depends what look you're going for - it gives off a sort of cutesy vibe, which I enjoy and have chosen for my own characters. It suits your girl :blush:

I do agree it's cute, but I think I'll change the color. Hoping is also looks good with a hibiscus hairpin.

I've been trying other hairstyles today with tting. But none have looked as good.

Last edited:
Well, personally I think your eyes would go better with a more "mature" hairstyle, just because I find those eyes pretty/sharp/witty/intelligent/a little mischievous. Your haircut though seems more fit for a sleepy eyes, or nice, big eyes. Just my two cents though! Also, like someone said, I wouldn't ignore the opposite gender haircuts - I like a lot of them, and they look better than in the guide photos.

I agree with a few of the other posts earlier in the thread. Since it all ultimately comes down to personal preference, your best bet is to check out that link Nenya posted and see for yourself what all of the hairstyles look like. As Bluebellie said, you might like the braided wig if you like the general idea of the pigtails your mayor has in the screenshot. TheDuke55 also makes a good point that after getting enough haircuts from Harriet you gain access to the male hairstyles. There might just be one that you end up really liking that you just haven't unlocked yet.

As for what I personally think might look nice with the outfit shown, going off of the list on the site Nenya provided:

Stylish Side!, I like being left alone!

My room is clean!, I like to style my hair!

I'm very serious!, Fight and overcome!

Hopefully you'll find a hairstyle that you enjoy if you do end up changing it from the current one. If all else fails, there's always the Mii Mask option.

Back