• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Detonate to Shyna: A Quick DBD Mafia (ENDGAME)-Mafia Won

Ack, Dedene seems like scum now. I agree with Zendal

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm... why did I even suspect Evan in the first place?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Seeing a possible Dedene and Waffles scum team

OMG LMFAO!

That's what we were trying to figure out.

You seem to have been coasting (not 100% sure what this means) and not answering a simple question.

You seem to have been coasting (not 100% sure what this means) and not answering a simple question.

As you could see,I was ATTEMPTING to answer, but stuff is better spoken then typed.

Also, as I said, I usually have trouble explaining

Key:

Strong Town Lean
Slight Town Lean
Null
Suspicious
Slight Scum Lean
Strong Scum Lean

Dalby

His contributions have been appreciated so far as they show that he is trying to come up with ideas which make sense (Vanessa/ Byngo being an example) and he seems to be on the same boat with me when it comes to Vanessa. He has been the most active which shows that he really is making an effort, this is a weaker point as he is known to be pretty active either way but he keeps firing out questions and ideas whereas he is less consistent as mafia in my experience/ if I remember correctly.

Btw that flip-flop was intentional as I remembered how Bianca deceived us by being confused by everything, which isn't alignment indicative imo anymore. And no I wasn't jumping on your Vanessa read at all, in fact it was barely even a read. I have a gut feeling similarly to you, not because you have one. People cannot feel similarly anymore, if someone said "I feel sick" and then another person said "me too" then they must be a liar or trying to join the crowd.

Punchy

His tunnelling of Evan is pretty consistent, I would expect newer mafia to be instructed to be less bold. He has flip flopped with a lack of reasoning several times on me which reminds me of new town players and statements such as "I feel like Zendel is blue" scream unhinged new town.

Everything he has done so far is a way too risky for newer scum so I doubt he is scum.

I swear if you pull a Bianca here

I'm pretty confident he is town but I would like to see more reasoning (or any) when he says certain things, you aren't helping us by doing what you are currently doing. Construct reads and post them instead of posting things along the lines of: "Evan is scum" "Zendel is scum" "No wait he's town" "Nah he's scum" "Oh actually, you know what...".

Dad

His "case" on me is weak as 1 of the 4 points is somewhat understandable (the first one), don't understand why people who could read didn't address his second point's quote from me which was not a defense post at all and he has misinterpreted it as a defense to Evan's post which I don't understand at all.

I do however like some of the posts because it seems like he is trying to create discussion which moves away from Punchy vs Evan, similarly to Dolby. This is townie behaviour in my eyes because it shows he is trying to create real progress in the game unlike others.

Evan

His "frustration" is similar to Death by Design (Town Evan), he is definitely more mellow here and in that game compared to the Franchise Wars were he was mafia and had a major meltdown. So town points for that.

All the posts between Evan and Punchy or just pointless, you guys are too focused on each other. There are other players in the game.

He's my weakest town lean at the moment, his posts feel neutral generally.

Waffles

The points he has made are a little out there when it comes to Punchy. and I don't like how he has so many nulls because you have to take a stance on someone, because it's scummy not to and information is not processed differently by other people...so you're scummy.

Has the same problem as Evan basically. Too neutral and too much focus on Punchy.

However I like how much of a hipster he is when it came to Punchy.

Dedenne

- Passive
- Sheep
- Reserved

= New Scum

I'd like reasoning on why you think Evan is town and your other reads if you have any.

Byngo

Byngo's a little parrot (whether she is reiterating her own points over and over again or other peoples) this game and that = lack of interest in creating new discussion or trying to find scum. I haven't seen any real original contributions but I understand that it's annoying to be called out on having the same reads as someone else when there's no other points to be made.

Vanessa

She's a little passive and I have a gut feeling that she may be scum.

I'm aware that these are bad, but I'm a bad player so don't get your hopes ever. lmao ;_;

It's either Byngo/Dedenne, Byngo/Vanessa or Dedenne/Vanessa.

I'm more inclined to believe it's either Vanessa/Byngo or Dedenne/Byngo because two newer players as a team (Vanessa/Dedenne) is terribly unbalanced.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As you could see,I was ATTEMPTING to answer, but stuff is better spoken then typed.

Also, as I said, I usually have trouble explaining

You could use the google speaking thing then adjust the sentence by removing fillers.

I've done it before, it helps at times.

on page 24, I really feel Vanessa is teaming with Dedenne and trying to seem like a mother hen, swooping in to save her chicks from harm or feeling bad about their playstyle. I did not read Dedenne's frustration as townish, as she refused to explain her read on me because "lol I'm a noob and my opinion is worthless." No, your opinion is NOT worthless, no matter how poorly it may be written and/or reasoned - that's just a lame excuse to not have to take a definitive stand on ANYTHING, and by tring me it just looks like you're trying to get in good with me.

Both Vanessa and Dedenne have tried to get good with me ftr, so I'd be pretty comfortable with lynching either of them. Not sure what to make of Waffles yet but their contribution quality has apparently gone up since the run on sentences post. ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, lmao you guys are JUST NOW realizing Punchy had Z E R O reasons for sussing me? smdh :lemon:

on page 24, I really feel Vanessa is teaming with Dedenne and trying to seem like a mother hen, swooping in to save her chicks from harm or feeling bad about their playstyle. I did not read Dedenne's frustration as townish, as she refused to explain her read on me because "lol I'm a noob and my opinion is worthless." No, your opinion is NOT worthless, no matter how poorly it may be written and/or reasoned - that's just a lame excuse to not have to take a definitive stand on ANYTHING, and by tring me it just looks like you're trying to get in good with me.

Both Vanessa and Dedenne have tried to get good with me ftr, so I'd be pretty comfortable with lynching either of them. Not sure what to make of Waffles yet but their contribution quality has apparently gone up since the run on sentences post. ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, lmao you guys are JUST NOW realizing Punchy had Z E R O reasons for sussing me? smdh :lemon:

I have literally been trying to figure it out since the beginning of the game, in fact I have asked for reasoning throughout, so no.

God damnit now people are thinking I'm scum.

Yay.

I think evan is town because of what I've read, I don't see anything hinting that he's scum (maybe once or twice), but I have no idea why Punchy really thought that evan was scum.

You never know.

Anywho I'm going to bed early tonight, byeeeew

I think Dolby is making a really long post about how stupid I am or something. rip me. :/

New reads:
Dolby
Dad
Byngo
Vanessa
Zendal

Null:
Dedene but with slight scum read
Evan but my gut is telling me she's scum...

Scum:
Waffles

God damnit now people are thinking I'm scum.

Yay.

I think evan is town because of what I've read, I don't see anything hinting that he's scum (maybe once or twice), but I have no idea why Punchy really thought that evan was scum.

You never know.

Anywho I'm going to bed early tonight, byeeeew

Hey, join the club

It's stressful when you're getting scumread but just try to stay calm and explain yourself and your positions. This helps whether you're town or actually scum ;)

You say I'm town, and your reason is that I haven't said anything scummy except one or two things. What are those one or two scummy things, and why are you choosing to discount them? To me, it sounds like you're taking a position, then walking it back to sit on the fence so you can easily go either way on me. If you lick your finger, hold it up, and feel the winds of opinion change against me in the thread, what you've said gives you ample opportunity to flip and go "oh yeah after review, I think he's scum."

Furthermore by saying "one or two," that shows you're not really giving too much thought to what I've actually said. If you think I said something scummy, you'd have it right here to show everyone. But how you phrased it makes me think you're just picking a low number to again, look like you're committing to a position, while not actually saying anything concrete.

I’m still at school and have no plans on posting soon

Oh yeah, time differences.

I'm still #snervous jk jk jk

- - - Post Merge - - -

@ Evan

Basically my problem with Dedenne, she can't come up with original ideas or at least try to. It's okay if they are similar to other peoples views but being as vague as she isn't.

amazonevan19 said:
on page 24, I really feel Vanessa is teaming with Dedenne and trying to seem like a mother hen, swooping in to save her chicks from harm or feeling bad about their playstyle.

amazonevan19 @ Dedenne said:
Hey, join the club

It's stressful when you're getting scumread but just try to stay calm and explain yourself and your positions. This helps whether you're town or actually scum

In which Evan does the exact thing he susses me for :thinkingface:

In all seriousness, I just don't want her to feel discouraged bc I know how hard first games can be. I don't know if this is a fair reason to sus me.

Also, you mentioned I was trying to get in good with you and I'm wondering what gave you that impression? I think the only thing I ever said about you was that I nulled you back at the beginning of the game.

In which Evan does the exact thing he susses me for :thinkingface:

Except you actually attempted to explain Dedenne's position and was giving pretty specific advice to her on what to do. I was giving broad advice to just chill. There's a difference.

Also, I would look but I am lazy since no player links. I mayyy be confusing you with Waffles though, in which case that point is kind of moot on you. But it's still a point of consideration for Dedenne.

Except you actually attempted to explain Dedenne's position and was giving pretty specific advice to her on what to do. I was giving broad advice to just chill. There's a difference.

VanessaMay18 said:
You're not a disgrace to mafia, everyone has to start somewhere! But it would be helpful if you tried to explain your thoughts a little bit even if people said it before. Eg. what about Evan makes you think he isn't scum?

Ok I can see how giving her a specific question to expand on would seem specific, but I just wanted to know her thoughts on the matter because that could contribute to us being able to scum or townread her.

Back