Mafia Detonate to Shyna: A Quick DBD Mafia (ENDGAME)-Mafia Won

I admit that I don't have very solid evidence for townreading her, and the game has only been going for 3 hours and I could be wrong. But it's just a gut feeling, her posts sound town to me so far.

gut scum reads > gut town reads

Dad, have you read the last like 4 pages? Evan is Zendal's partner

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, if Zendel is REALLY scum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Welp, I think Dad susses me.

Dad, have you read the last like 4 pages? Evan is Zendal's partner

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, if Zendel is REALLY scum.

I'm all caught up. I can't exactly agree with feeling so sure that Evan is scum, the only sus thing he's done in my eyes is calling you out for speculating on how Bianca distributes as a host but didn't really call out Zendel when he did it. Might put him in as a potential partner now that I think about it. Alongside Bynco/Vanessa.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Welp, I think Dad susses me.

??

I'm sure he's scum. If I die tonight, Evan's scum because most other people wouldn't vote off a newbie, and everyone is townreading me. I don't see myself as a threat to anyone other then Evan.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I said that because you took a long time to type that and I thought you were going to say that you sussed me, but no.

Yeah I'm not a different time zone but I sleep during the day because 3rd shift. And I didn't expect this to fill up so fast.

Anyways after my skim my bets are on Zendel being scum. I don't like anyone who sorta swoops in and says objective things to seem helpful and pro-town, whether that be asking other players questions to seem like they're leading discussion or explaining fundamentals of mafia to newer players. Examples of these kinds of posts:

and there have also been defenses where they weren't necessarily called for:

and weird posts like this one:

It seems like a really arbitrary comment to make and has the potential to be an attempt to steer attention to specific people because of unlikely partnerships, such as Dolby and myself for example if it was two players with a bit of experience. After playing in the last game she hosted it's pretty clear Bianca just totally randomizes.

Post #103 seems like the first bit of Zendel's content that has any bite to it what-so-ever, and it's through defense, which I don't like either because at the end of it a stance still isn't taken on Evan.

##VOTE: Zendel

Among the active people I think his(?) partner is between Vanessa and Byngo for me. Both of them have the same issue I have with Zendel in that they're saying obvious/objective comments for the sake of seeming pro-town and providing obvious townreads that others have already done.

ive put forth what reads i have, cant help that other people think the same. im not the type of player that generates lakes of content. is that the only reason you sus me?

looking forward to Dolby’s crackpot theory

I said that because you took a long time to type that and I thought you were going to say that you sussed me, but no.

Sounding a bit paranoid here bud.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ive put forth what reads i have, cant help that other people think the same. im not the type of player that generates lakes of content. is that the only reason you sus me?

looking forward to Dolby’s crackpot theory

Repeating others' reads isn't my main reasoning for suspecting you, if you read my post, I said that both you and Vanessa are saying objective, helpful sounding things, which comes off as semi-experienced mafia appealing to town sensibility.

Punchy-Ok, honestly, would new scum be THIS bombastic, no. He'd at least make an effort to distance himself from any bad lynches, or, if he's scum, is expecting the Evan lynch to not go through in the first place. Now, as for his Evan read, whether it's right or wrong, it's a classic and comical example of (overly) enthusitic town going full throtle for their sus. No ****ing way I'm going through his filter

DolbyOMG SUCH OBVIOUS SCUM, KILL HIM BEFORE HE GETS ALL OF OUR BLUES

Dedenne-The only reason she's on here is because I'm mildly uncomfortable with Punchy TRing you, of course Dedenne is null.

Byngo-I'm just going to say here as a preface that perhaps it's flawed for me to do reads before everybody has posted. But what the hell is going on between you and Vanessa? Now granted, I don't think that you'd be this obvious as scum, but honestly most of the obviousness seems to be coming from Vanessa.

ok to start things off. how many scum do y?all think we?re dealing with?

Imo it?s safe to assume there?s 2 just cuz 3 seems too many in 9 players
idk if bianca let?s a randomizer completely do the work or if she tweaks it, but it?s easily possible for a new player to be scum, probably with an experienced teammate
smh am i gonna have to check each post for white text
highlighting is what i meant but that?s stilltoo much effort uwu

All of these are fine, and don't really contribute to me TRing or sussing her, but do little to advance the game

so uhhhhhh revealing who u think is blue (wether ur right or wrong) is a giant no no
did you atleast skim through a few games to get an idea of how the games work, or was this a yolo situation

Both of these posts refer specifically to Punchy, not really anything to be concerned about, though of note is that it takes Byngo a while to say what has become obvious to us sooner.

thoughts pretty much align with everyone?s regarding punchy. Hes being reckless, even for new scum. id expect much more reservedness
This post is the first reading through her filter again that caught my eye on Byngo (isolated from Vanessa). What draws attention to this is not that it came late, but that it's functionally a copy of what Zendal said in #71, but townleans him for it
Oh and the bizarre statements every now and then which trips everyone up.

i was eating plus im not gonna be around to post every hour l o l

what?s so sus about vanessa? yes she hasn?t posted much and i would place her as null, but that?s simply due to early game and low content. of her posts, there?s nothing that sticks out about her wording or tone

ngl i don?t like how a number of people thought vanessa was sus after dolby brought her up. punchy is still a tr but eyes r def on zendel and evan

also wtf deddene posted?
This is notable as it's the first (non-regurgitated(let's be honest, we all kinda bandwagoned eachother on Punchy)) reads on anybody after Punchy. What's notable here is the discontiuity in logic between the second and third paragraphs, as she treats Vanessa as a null, but treats her as a tl in the third paragraph. This also feels like mudslinging at Evan particularly, as Evan didn't even have any scumreads, and while he did make a post about Vanessa in response to me, it was noting a mild tonal difference and ultimately put her down as null. Zendal did end up SRing Vanessa
Vanessa is null for me but she seems a bit more passive this time around, idk it's hard to explain. Like yeah, she's been here, but what she's posted so far just seems like obvious "truths" and isn't really her investigating anything.

ok ik u think im not good as scum, and i wouldn?t disagree, but do u really think id be that obvious
i mean there are reasons but okay
Other two notable posts

Vanessa-I'm putting Vanessa here, yeah I know that I'm going out of order, but my case on them being scum is much stronger through Vanessa's behavior, and I want to put an emphasis on it

It's best not to say who you think has blue roles because we need to keep blue roles alive. If mafia knows who is blue they will probably kill them
Tonally awkward, but ultimately does little to alter any level of suspicion
For now I'm townleaning Punchy as well, his post about him and Dedenne seems like something only new town would post
Literally a regurgitation of what I said on Punchy
Yeah don't worry about it. Everyone called me a dumb noob in my first game. It's nothing personal, we're just trying to seperate purposeful scum acting from genuine inexperience.
This post specifically is fine upon reflection

This is not a strong reason for sus and I wouldn't lynch or anything based on this but my first instinct upon seeing the white text kerfuffle at the beginning was that it was a distraction from llegit starting the game
Also if my 3 posts so far sound passive it's probably because I wrote them while running to catch a train
Also @Punchy don't sus Byngo for not posting for 30 minutes that's no time at all

This is where stuff gets interesting and **** gets real
At 3:21 PM, post 104, Punchy posts this, throwing minor suspicion at Byngo
Bingo gasnt posted anything in quite a while (that's like 30 mins) and he could possibly be supcum

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh rip typos
At 3:31, post #109, he also posts this, implicating Zendal
I think Zendel is faking it and is another scum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gut feeling.

At this point, Punchy's also said this
Yeah I think Evan's scum.
I'm pretty sure Dolby is townie.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My current reads:

Scum: Evan

Townie: Dolby, (dedene I guess) Zendel

Null: everyone else.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Evan just doesn't seem like townie Evan (totally haven't been lurking like every mafia game)

Point is, Punchy's posted A LOT of anti-Evan stuff with no evidence, he also has posted a more recent post implicating Zendal, but also with no evidence and what he describes as a gut feeling(about 8 minutes before Vanessa's post). If Vanessa truly cared about who Punchy was scumreading needlessly, she would have at least made mention of Zendal or Evan. Punchy even had Byngo nulled, and in no way was his comment worthy of specific mention anymore than his comment on Zendal. (I stg, this makes sense in my head, but basically why call out only the mention of Byngo?)

Lots of ppl are taking a stance on Evan I see. I'm null on him atm. Play seems a little different from the past two games where he was town but he hasn't done anything scumtelling yet imo
This is a bit awkward and seems designed to leave Vanessa some wiggle room and not take heat from sussing town

I don't think Dedenne has posted yet?
Gut townlean on Byngo because she's been making good contributions imo, and last game when she was scum she didn't say much at the beginning

- - - Post Merge - - -

Very strong townlean now, no scum would flop around this much

And again, special, specific mention of Byngo. At this point in time, myself and Zendal have both made equivilent or greater contributions (she hasn't mentioned us yet). Moreover, this relies on pretty bad logic, as Byngo had comparable activity to last game at this point in time, and had to be replaced out.

Zendel's response to my post about white text being a distraction. I found this an awkwardly worded response considering that iirc they were the one that started the white text?

Really, just really weak

Evan-Honestly hasn't done anything particularly town or scumlike. The only thing that I don't like is the initial Punchy pressure in the begining.

Zendal
As of right now, if I'm wrong on Byngo/Vanessa, Zendal is the next place I'd look

Like to both of those posts btw.

Punchy seems townie despite it being so early.
Punchy seems like a confused player, which isn't alignment indicative.

Remember Bianca in her first game? (she was scum in Franchise Wars)

Newer players are trickier to read, they have no meta and their confusion doesn't really mean anything unless they slip.
Don't like the flip back between these posts, however, I don't find it particularly notable
Also don't like how he specifically jumped on my Vanessa read (I'd definetely say he's not scum with Vanessa)

I've spent far to much time on this

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hope I don't sound like a rambling maniac

Dolby said:
Now granted, I don't think that you'd be this obvious as scum, but honestly most of the obviousness seems to be coming from Vanessa.
ok I know I suck at mafia but I wouldn't be THAT obvious c'mon give me some credit

Dolby said:
Point is, Punchy's posted A LOT of anti-Evan stuff with no evidence, he also has posted a more recent post implicating Zendal, but also with no evidence and what he describes as a gut feeling(about 8 minutes before Vanessa's post). If Vanessa truly cared about who Punchy was scumreading needlessly, she would have at least made mention of Zendal or Evan. Punchy even had Byngo nulled, and in no way was his comment worthy of specific mention anymore than his comment on Zendal. (I stg, this makes sense in my head, but basically why call out only the mention of Byngo?)
I mean fair point, but I only called out the mention of Byngo because I thought his reason for calling her out (not posting for 30 minutes) was ridiculous. I can't remember why he sussed Zendel but for Evan he was at least looking at his content. Also I'm null on both Zendel and Evan, but townread Byngo, which is why I would defend her and not them.

Zendal is townie. Evan is scum. Dolby is just basically calling me a noob in 5 paragraphs. Byngo is townie. Dad is townie. Dedene is a tl for me because I don't think Bianca would make either of us scum.

At this point in time, myself and Zendal have both made equivilent or greater contributions (she hasn't mentioned us yet).

>Zendel having contributed as much as you. Biggest contributors up to this post have been you, me, Evan, and Punchy. At least outside of townreading filler. While I follow your logic here, postponing 'looking' at Zendel for the sake of Vanessa/Byngo seems pretty avoidant tbh, especially because he is in a similar boat with them.

Current reads:

Town
Dolby
Byngo
Dedene maybe
Zendel

Null: Waffles.

Scum:
Evan

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dad's town

- - - Post Merge - - -

And so is Vanessa

>Zendel having contributed as much as you. Biggest contributors up to this post have been you, me, Evan, and Punchy. At least outside of townreading filler. While I follow your logic here, postponing 'looking' at Zendel for the sake of Vanessa/Byngo seems pretty avoidant tbh, especially because he is in a similar boat with them.

I was refering to Zendal>Byngo because I'm pretty sure that at that point Zendal had provided kinda a reads list and Byngo hadn't made this post yet

i was eating plus im not gonna be around to post every hour l o l

what’s so sus about vanessa? yes she hasn’t posted much and i would place her as null, but that’s simply due to early game and low content. of her posts, there’s nothing that sticks out about her wording or tone

ngl i don’t like how a number of people thought vanessa was sus after dolby brought her up. punchy is still a tr but eyes r def on zendel and evan

also wtf deddene posted?

And so is Vanessa

Why is Vanessa town in your eyes? Also you did seem to lump Zendel with Evan for a moment but he stays in your townreads list.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was refering to Zendal>Byngo because I'm pretty sure that at that point Zendal had provided kinda a reads list and Byngo hadn't made this post yet

I don't see what's all that contributive about Zendel's first reads list post.

Why is Vanessa town in your eyes? Also you did seem to lump Zendel with Evan for a moment but he stays in your townreads list.

Zendal isn't scum with Evan. Vanessa... well you bring up a good point. She hasn't really posted much that would help town (I tunneled Evan) and she hasn't really said anything scummy either. She is town in my eyes because Evan was ok with lynching her. If she's mafia wouldn't that be playing against her wincondition?

Back