• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Detonate to Shyna: A Quick DBD Mafia (ENDGAME)-Mafia Won

How can anyone possibly confuse their qt with the forum? That's such a reach lmao.

I did once first game as scum years ago (almost) I'm not kidding cuz my TBT background is TBT undercover thats under --bell tree tab lower left side

How can anyone possibly confuse their qt with the forum? That's such a reach lmao.

I did once first game as scum years ago (almost) I'm not kidding cuz my TBT background is TBT undercover thats under --bell tree tab lower left side

The fact that Waffles townlocks me over a specific post is very townie since I specifically made a post for town to react to it, since only town would know about it and mafia wouldn?t. That?s like, my first, most obvious thought so far

I'm not really sussing anyone yet as first day isn't over, but I honestly don't get why punchy thinks so passionately about Evan being scum.

Idk lol.

k i read the last several pages

ityw is a slight tl now. at first i was thinking ityw was scummy for pushing punchy, cuz he’s an easy target. but then i realized that scum don’t usually push noobs for that exact reason. they’ll worry about getting called out for latching onto an easy target, also punchy is nearly universally tr’d so coming out with a scumread on him feels too bold a move that i don’t think a scum ityw would make

also since the topic is noobs, not really liking dedenne cuz she’s starting to feel like reserved/lurky noob scum

k i read the last several pages

ityw is a slight tl now. at first i was thinking ityw was scummy for pushing punchy, cuz he’s an easy target. but then i realized that scum don’t usually push noobs for that exact reason. they’ll worry about getting called out for latching onto an easy target, also punchy is nearly universally tr’d so coming out with a scumread on him feels too bold a move that i don’t think a scum ityw would make

also since the topic is noobs, not really liking dedenne cuz she’s starting to feel like reserved/lurky noob scum

Sorry, I'm in GMT ;;

First I was asleep, then I was at school.
Anywho, what makes you think I'm scum?

Yeah I'm not a different time zone but I sleep during the day because 3rd shift. And I didn't expect this to fill up so fast.

Anyways after my skim my bets are on Zendel being scum. I don't like anyone who sorta swoops in and says objective things to seem helpful and pro-town, whether that be asking other players questions to seem like they're leading discussion or explaining fundamentals of mafia to newer players. Examples of these kinds of posts:

and there have also been defenses where they weren't necessarily called for:

and weird posts like this one:

It seems like a really arbitrary comment to make and has the potential to be an attempt to steer attention to specific people because of unlikely partnerships, such as Dolby and myself for example if it was two players with a bit of experience. After playing in the last game she hosted it's pretty clear Bianca just totally randomizes.

Post #103 seems like the first bit of Zendel's content that has any bite to it what-so-ever, and it's through defense, which I don't like either because at the end of it a stance still isn't taken on Evan.

##VOTE: Zendel

Among the active people I think his(?) partner is between Vanessa and Byngo for me. Both of them have the same issue I have with Zendel in that they're saying obvious/objective comments for the sake of seeming pro-town and providing obvious townreads that others have already done.

I don't like Waffles and Dedenne not posting but I won't really start hating on inactives until tomorrow or if I see they've been online recently, because host didn't advertise when this would start.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Chaos ninja'd me too.

1. Don't care for this point as it could be applied to anyone who wants to start the game, which is what I was trying to do.

2. That isn't a defense post at all, lol. I was referring to previous games were I could definitely see why people scum read me.
Evan referenced the time when I was just done with all the stupid reads on me (he wasn't even using that against me if you actually read the post) so that was my response to him about OTHER games.

3. So I was steering the pot when I said things exactly like this before which nobody batted an eye at in previous games to? Gotcha

This is what I go by in most games because I see it as balancing but sure.

4. Why do I need to take a stance on Evan? (I said earlier I have a slight town read on him now) I didn't have one at the time and I still didn't by the time I finished that post. Nothing changed about him at that point in my mind.

This whole post on me is sloppy, the first point could literally be applied to anyone (Me, Vanessa and Byngo). If I say something obvious then I must be scum. The second point could barely be called a point because it isn't a defense post at all. The third point is me "steering the pot" when I have theorized like that in my previous games. The forth point is irrelevant now since new posts were made from Evan which reminded me of town Evan, forcing me to give my non-existent opinion on someone is really silly and while you guys base your scum reads on gut feelings I'm sitting over here thinking of concrete reasoning to town or scum read people.

I have a gut feeling about Vanessa being scum but that's simply a suspicion, I'm not scum reading her for that because there are no real points to do so.

Guys you cant town read someone for the same reasons as someone else btw, it's illegal in mafia.

So yeah, TL Punchy and waffles (for that thing). Of the rest (Byngo, Vanessa, Evan, Zendal, Dad, Dedenne), I still sus Byngo and Vanessa, Zendal is a slight sus, and Dedenne is a true null, I want to say that Evan and Dad are the towniest of that bunch, but Evan hasn't said anything that makes me want to definitively townlean him, and Dad's a slippery snake.

Punchy
Waffles
Evan
Dad
Dedenne
Zendal
Byngo
Vanessa

Upon reflection, I can see maf saying that (waffles) but I still feel that it's pretty town indicative from waffles. I do want like, actual reads from Zendal more than a defense to Dad

So yeah, TL Punchy and waffles (for that thing). Of the rest (Byngo, Vanessa, Evan, Zendal, Dad, Dedenne), I still sus Byngo and Vanessa, Zendal is a slight sus, and Dedenne is a true null, I want to say that Evan and Dad are the towniest of that bunch, but Evan hasn't said anything that makes me want to definitively townlean him, and Dad's a slippery snake.

Punchy
Waffles
Evan
Dad
Dedenne
Zendal
Byngo
Vanessa

Upon reflection, I can see maf saying that (waffles) but I still feel that it's pretty town indicative from waffles. I do want like, actual reads from Zendal more than a defense to Dad

I'll make a reads list soon, just got settled at home.

Ya know, I am slightly thinking of Zendel being scrum (slightly) from what I've seen. Can't jump to conclusions though... at least we have till tomorrow

Ya know, I am slightly thinking of Zendel being scrum (slightly) from what I've seen. Can't jump to conclusions though... at least we have till tomorrow

Explaining why would be nice.

If you make a point you must explain in mafia.

I'm not going to go full out explaining because
1) I'll sound like a dumb noob (which I am)
2) I dont have a lot of reasoning as it's just a slight feeling I'll probably change my mind lol
The one that made me think was the one in response to Dad, can't really explain cos I know roughly nothing If you need more explanation id be glad to because I don't think that classifies as a valid explanation.
It was basically the responses you made......................

Also I don't think Evan is scum.

I am so very sorry for being a disgrace to mafia, I'm going to do more maths.

I'm not going to go full out explaining because
1) I'll sound like a dumb noob (which I am)
2) I dont have a lot of reasoning as it's just a slight feeling I'll probably change my mind lol
The one that made me think was the one in response to Dad, can't really explain cos I know roughly nothing If you need more explanation id be glad to because I don't think that classifies as a valid explanation.
It was basically the responses you made......................

Also I don't think Evan is scum.

I am so very sorry for being a disgrace to mafia, I'm going to do more maths.

You're not a disgrace to mafia, everyone has to start somewhere! But it would be helpful if you tried to explain your thoughts a little bit even if people said it before. Eg. what about Evan makes you think he isn't scum?

I was kinda scum-leaning Dedenne before because she felt like noob mafia trying to fly under the radar, but this post feels like genuine new town frustration imo.

You're not a disgrace to mafia, everyone has to start somewhere! But it would be helpful if you tried to explain your thoughts a little bit even if people said it before. Eg. what about Evan makes you think he isn't scum?

I was kinda scum-leaning Dedenne before because she felt like noob mafia trying to fly under the radar, but this post feels like genuine new town frustration imo.

Define "genuine new town frustration" in this instance.

Don't agree with that statement at all, if anything she is irked because she was asked to explain something when she couldn't.

Don't agree with that statement at all, if anything she is irked because she was asked to explain something when she couldn't.

Openly calling herself a dumb noob and admitting that she doesn't want to explain because she'd just be sheeping Dad's post. I know that a few times in my first two games (and I was town in both) I refrained from commenting on something because all of my opinions were based on someone else's post lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Honestly I know it's not a valid point to compare to other players but she also reminds me of Locket in Caxnival, who was new town but refrained from expanding on thoughts or defending herself because she didn't think she could do a good job at it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, idk what this post is that Dolby and Waffles are referencing but the whole interaction feels kinda town to me. Reminds me of other interactions from past games (Kingmaker mostly) where players trying to keep something under the radar were town.

Exactly what I'm feeling right now.

It may be because I couldn't, but I genuinely struggle with explaining irl as well. I knew what I was saying in my head tho?

Ack, Dedene seems like scum now. I agree with Zendal

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm... why did I even suspect Evan in the first place?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Seeing a possible Dedene and Waffles scum team

Back