• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fishing Tourney

SpookyMemes

barely active
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Hybrid Violet
Blue Hybrid Violet
So the Fishing Tourney is now over! How did you guys do? I got 3rd place :/ I don't know if the challenges are all the same, but I had to catch crucian carps, which was really hard. In the morning, it was Portia who had a record of 8.50 inches, and I beat her with an 8.61 inch fish! Then I went off and didn't come back until 5:43 pm. Coco was in the lead this time with a 9.55 inch fish, and Cole was in second with 9.50, while I was in third for 8.60...

This is the second time Coco snagged an award from me lol. Last tourney, I was in first place, and at the last second, caught something bigger than me so I wasn't even on the stand!

I don't care for the Fishing Tourney (Or the Bug Off) because it's very easy to win a gold trophy. Plus I played this game for years. I don't participate in it anymore.

After a really late night, I slept most of today and missed it :( Congrats on placing third! I personally don't want to win every time in order to get the silver and bronze trophies. I like to have at least one of each colour c:
Usually in preparation for these tourneys, I save up a bunch of fish in my storage to submit on that day. Maybe that's against the spirit of the event, but I like to have backup if I don't catch anything decent.

After a really late night, I slept most of today and missed it :( Congrats on placing third! I personally don't want to win every time in order to get the silver and bronze trophies. I like to have at least one of each colour c:
Usually in preparation for these tourneys, I save up a bunch of fish in my storage to submit on that day. Maybe that's against the spirit of the event, but I like to have backup if I don't catch anything decent.

saving up fish is actually a good idea, maybe I should do that lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't care for the Fishing Tourney (Or the Bug Off) because it's very easy to win a gold trophy. Plus I played this game for years. I don't participate in it anymore.

eh, I always want to have something to do in NL so even though I've done it before I still like to participate

i already got the items i wanted from the fish set so i didn't play. i was going to, but i didn't really feel like playing acnl anymore by the time i finished my daily stuff. :p

I hate the fishing tourneys they always seem to be on a day I really want to build a pwp ugh ugh ugh

I don't really play the tourneys, but I like to go to the award ceremony after, especially since my villagers shamed me the one time I sent a deputy in my stead, lol. I actually think the ceremony is really cute and if I feel like playing that day, it's nice to collect the furniture and such. Mostly, I just like to see the villagers win stuff. :)

I had crucian carp too! I was in first place for a while with a 9.5, but then ended up getting beaten with a 10.5....by a villager who's moving out later this month. I guess Patty just needed a last laugh :/

I caught one fish and turned it in pretty early in the day. That put me in first place at the time, and I ended up getting the last piece of furniture I hadn't gotten yet! Then, I never got back to it, and didn't even end up placing haha. That's ok though. I've placed first before.

I was not home to play during the tourney but in Red Oak Wolf Link got first, Ruby got second and Kody got third.

It turns me off that Chip eats the fish, killing it, in an ANIMAL game. Plus I'm an activist.

I hate the fishing tourney or bug off because I feel like it restricts me from the villager conversations or daily routine stuff.

I'm trying to get pwp requests and the fish furniture does not appeal to me so I didn't participate either. Villagers don't request pwps on tournament days do they? I've always assumed not so I usually just time travel to the next day. Hammock and fire pit are next on my wants list and some carps or mackerels are not going to get in the way of that lol

My fish was carp, and the only one I caught happened to be my record holder for size. Got first place.

I forgot it was saturday until really late in the day, so I didn't play

though if I had remembered, I *really* wouldn't of played

Last edited:
I don't really care for the Tourney or the Bug-Off anymore, I just participate in the award ceremony.

1st place. My town is a bunch of slackers.

I forgot about the tourney and only started fishing just before it ended. Caught two crucian carp and still managed to win.

Back