• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

If you could have any fruit?

mara_k

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
What would it be? Personally, I would LOVE to have plums! They would be so pretty. I low-key (high-key really) wish there'd be another update just to add more fruit.

Oh like what fruits would we want in the game that aren't in it? Pineapples for the beach! Need more beach plants. I know its not a tree, but it would still look cool.

Berry bushes! They function & look like regular bushes,and you can harvest the fruit! :D

I like the suggestions so far. Berry bushes would be especially cool. It would be neat if they were seasonal fruit too.

It would also be neat to grow vineyards for stuff like pumpkin, grapes, and watermelon. That is getting into farming territory though, which has been its own request from some fans, but I think it would have to be added intelligently.

As for tree fruit, I can't really think of many big standouts aside from plums and maybe fig. They could start adding nuts like pecan and almond though.

I think the fruit I'd most like to have added would be limes. Maybe plums too, but I'd sooner take limes over plums if they were only going to add one of them.

A lot of other fruits, while I like them, just wouldn't fit. Berry bushes would indeed be neat, but I have to wonder how they would be implemented and harvested. A pineapple on the island, again, would be neat, but really I feel it would just feel a bit out of place.

Nuts aren't a bad idea. I think I'd actually like some to be added in the future.

I'm overall pretty pleased with the fruit selection we have now though.

I would like to see grapes as a fruit. The wisteria trellis looks like it has grapes on it and I think it would be cool to have a purple fruit. Or maybe some different color apples. There are a lot of red fruits and I would like some more color in my town.

Strafruit would be amazing in game, + they would give towns a more tropical feel <3

Grapes. They're in the puzzle league minigame, which is weird considering they aren't actually in New Leaf.

Plums fit right into the theme of the fruit already found in the game, so they seem a no-brainer.

I'd like to see raspberry/blackberry bushes.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to have bushes that have berries, and if you could grow vegetables in the ground as well.

Pineapples!!! They could grow on palm trees like coconuts and bananas.
Berry bushes would be cool too!

I would love to see pineapples. They would prob grow the same way the red turnips grow; bury them in the ground and the fruit sprouts up from it. And like you can eat the pineapple and it'll yield the leaves which you can bury in the ground to grow another one.

Yesss, pineapples sound like such a good idea I can’t describe how much I’d love that XD honestly they already have bushes and azalea bushes and things like that, so some kind of game mechanic where you can “shake” the bush (the animation for “shake” would be softer, or maybe something like that) and the fruit would fall out to the ground around it.. we def need more island plants alongside bananas and coconuts. Yknow what else sounds cool? Dragon fruit.. highly unlikely, but could be cool and rare as the elusive persimmons that can only be bought in the Emporium.

Back