• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokemon Town - 'Trainers'

Tora Olafsdotter

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
As you know one of my towns is going to have a Pokemon theme. I already have the villagers selected and need some help.

I have chosen that Lillie will be the mayor because she's the best Pokemon character, and two of the other two humans will be Maylene and Elesa. Which of the following do you think would be the best addition to the town as the last human villager?

Gladion
Guzma
Misty
Lusamine

Maybe Guzma? I find his design hilarious, and it might be fun to see him Animal Crossing-ified

Since three of your choices are from the new games, I think you should go with one of them. Maybe Gladion or Guzma just to have a guy villager. Some characters will speak to guys slightly differently than girls and I find it fun to see the different dialogue.

4 females is a bit too much, I'd say to add a boy character. Since Lillie is the mayor, having her brother around sounds just right. There's a male haircut that looks just like his hair too :)

How cool! Let me know when your dream address is up, I'd want to visit! It's always cool to see more people with Pokemon towns!

I'd vote for Guzma or Gladion as a close second. :)

I'm kind of torn. Since Lillie is the mayor it would be nice if her brother Gladion was also a resident. That said, I far prefer Guzma and think he would make for a good Animal Crossing character. You can even give him white, messy hair at Shampoodle's.

I'd definitely go for Misty, I loved her as a kid. But Gladion would be my second choice.

Due to the three girls, I would add a boy character. Maybe Guzman. Boy and girl dialogue varies and it's more exciting to see the varied dialogue and also having gender choice allows different clothing choices and different hair styles available allowing you to explore the game in greater depth. Having all girls can also get a tad boring with the repetitive theme of girls instead of having the boy as well.

After thinking about it a bit more I definitely would say Guzma instead of Gladion. I was already leaning that way, but I think Guzma is just more charismatic, interesting, and most importantly easier to work with. His hair is easy to recreate at Shampoodle's while Gladion's is impossible. I also feel like Guzma, and by extension Team Skull, has more to work with as far as interior design of the house is concerned, such as a bug room with a giant isopod as its main attraction, or rooms that resemble Team Skull's base in Po Town. You can even get eyes for the villager that somewhat resemble Guzma's (I don't remember, I don't know, Yeah, I think I will combination on the train during character creation). Overall Guzma has more going for him, and as has been stated, boy and girl characters will sometimes receive different dialogue so it'd probably be a bit of a waste to use Misty or Lusamine.

Last edited:
Back