Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Coco
Black Feather
Peach (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Pinky
So yeah, i continue to loose my interest in the game over and over again. Mainly because I've pretty much completed everything in the game, and my friends don't always play with me, it just feels so boring now....

But are there any tips to help boost interest in the game again? I mean, I did try a few things myself, but if there's more than this you would like to share let me know:

-Giveaways
-Club Tortimer
-Festivities (Toy Day, etc.)
-Trading not much anymore...I need motivation to play in order to trade
-Playing the game in another language (yes I'm actually doing that right now!)

I think creating a town based on a very different theme than usual would help quite a lot. Try to 'rethink' town design from the usual, and you'll become busy playing again, wondering how to make the new design work.

Another idea is to play in a way that restricts you somehow, all to make you think of how to play in them. Some people use self-imposed restrictions in their games: For instance some people play Pokemon with "Nuzlock" rules. I've created a ruleset kind of like that for Animal Crossing, called a "Zenlock."

Either way, In Animal Crossing, "fun" is what you make of it.

I think creating a town based on a very different theme than usual would help quite a lot. Try to 'rethink' town design from the usual, and you'll become busy playing again, wondering how to make the new design work.

Another idea is to play in a way that restricts you somehow, all to make you think of how to play in them. Some people use self-imposed restrictions in their games: For instance some people play Pokemon with "Nuzlock" rules. I've created a ruleset kind of like that for Animal Crossing, called a "Zenlock."

Either way, In Animal Crossing, "fun" is what you make of it.

I've kinda been thinking to make my second town into something nice. Maybe I'll do it.

I've kinda been thinking to make my second town into something nice. Maybe I'll do it.

Good luck with it! My best advice is to don't rush yourself, and place your attractions carefully with the space you have. I will look forward seeing your progress. ^.^

I either take a break until something gets me interested in it again, or I give myself projects to work on so I have some kind of focus. I also have multiple towns so if one feels boring, I could always play another.

have you tried blogging? I know that you have a very developed town, so it wouldn't be that interesting to blog about the development of your town, but maybe try something a little smaller, like dream suite adventures, or a Nuzlocke, like what Lanstar said.

idk, I am pretty inactive in terms of keeping my own blog up to date but it's an idea.

I’d always play non-stop for a few days then not at all for months. The only thing that's kept me playing this time is not time travelling and trading with people on here. I'm actually getting things done and feel really productive. I'd also say if you're gonna start a second town try to play from scratch for a while instead of swapping or selling things for in-game bells, I find it quite fun to start fresh!!

I feel like trading with people here or participating in forum events like ones where you take game screenshots motivate me to play. Though I have been busy with weird work hours lately and haven't been playing much.

I've started to landscape my second town. It's looking good so far, though less than a quarter of it is done :p

Though in my first town, I might try selling stuff and trying my best to actually sell the stuff.

I've always wished you could drive a car in AC. Even have a speedway where you could race your villagers for prizes. Upgrades to your car, etc.

i guess you should try and find a hobby like trying to collect all the badges, design clothes or interact with others on train station. every time i get bored of my town i make subtle changes which make a big difference to me, i also move in new villagers every now and then. i think christmas would definitely bring you back in, there are plenty of giveaways (will probably do one myself :0) and it's a lot more fun. maybe take a break for a while and wait for your interest to kick back in

also yeah, making a second town is always good.

I don't know...I feel like you really shouldn't force yourself to play the game. It's a game not a chore or job. Maybe take a break and come back later and see if you still feel the same way.

Since the problem as you say seems to be that you've done pretty much everything in the game, there probably isn't much you can do for now. If you think of it as a socializing platform, and you don't mind the limited amount of things you can "do" while in-game. Didn't you used to run (still run?) a shop of some sort on here? Do you still have any interest in that? You could come up with a town that's an actual market--with goods lying around--and decorate rooms to auction off. Have you played other AC games? Maybe you could do that for a change. Or even, don't play the game at all for a while. I didn't for a few months, and now I really want to play again :p

Just take a break from it and come back whenever you feel like it. Check your activity log before you load it back up and see how many days from the current day on your ds it's been since you logged in and move the date back that many days/ months when you load acnl up. Everything will be the same so the only consequence is that you have to tt back to the original date, if you care about the date being accurate.

Well, to be more motivated, I watched youtubers play the game. It really helps more than you think. Watching other people play the game really motivates you to play. When I watched ZackScott games play the game it really made me want to play. I would also recommend chuggaconroy. Gameswise, you can meet new people on the island and get their friend code and discuss the game with them. Meeting new people within the game makes the game so much funnier. It also allows you to grasp new concepts of the game you never found before. I don't know if I have helped but I hope I have. I am just a fellow animal crossing gamer😂 Good luck getting back into the game.

Back