• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favourite SNES title?

Buttonsy

Loser
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
I grew up with the SNES in my home and so it always has a really endearing feeling to me, and I wanna see others favourites!

Mine is Super Mario World. :lemon:

Is it cheating when I say that my absolute favourite SNES ?title? is the Super Game Boy peripheral...? :D I LOVED playing Pok?mon Red on the big screen as a kid. There was just nothing like pulling the cartridge out of your Game Boy when you came home from school and continuing the game on your SNES.

If that doesn?t count: Zelda.

Last edited:
I love playing Super Mario World... it actually ranks up there with SM64 as one of my favorite games in the series.

But I also loved playing SimCity and Paperboy 2. Those games are lit af xDD

I have quite a few actually. Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mario Paint, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Super Metroid easily. The best part about it is that even though the game is ancient, it still holds up surprisingly well!
I should go back and replay it sometime tbh

A Link to the Past. It's my first Zelda and the first time I actually felt that I am on an adventure.

I can go on and on about the different RPGs, and classic games I adore, but I get the feeling Super Mario World ends up on top.
The ingame stages weren't enough for me. I'd played the game so many times, yet I'm actually still learning about new stuff I can do that I just didn't know.
Runners up absolutely must include Chrono Trigger, though I've only played the DS version, Super Mario RPG, and Zelda: A Link to the Past.

A Link to the Past

Super Metroid. It's not just my favorite SNES game, it's my favorite game of all time.

Gotta go with my favorite franchise on this one: A Link to the Past
Great music, design, and straight up nostalgic.

For me, it's quite a toss-up between Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country 2 and Super Metroid. I'll have to say that the latter happen to have a slight edge over the rest of the classics, thanks to its high amount of replayability and non-linearity in its level design.

My favorite SNES title, at least that is coming to mind at the moment, is EarthBound. I've been interested in the game since I first saw it, it has a fun and unique atmosphere (music, art, dialogue, etc.), and it's fun to play.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is another great SNES game, but I wouldn't consider it for this since it was cross-platform and as such I have more experience with the Sega Genesis version. Also, though they weren't released outside of Japan officially, I'm also fond of Clock Tower and Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War for the Super Famicom.

I feel like I'm probably forgetting something, but if so I'll just post again.

Back