• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favourite SNES title?

I can't pick just one I loved Earthbound, Zelda: Link to the past, Zombies ate my neighbors, Super bomberman, and Super solitaire and played them all the time. Sometimes I wish I had all those old games to play again.

i love super mario kart!

Earthbound and Super Mario World. Although I've never really come close to finishing either. :s

Haaa, now I really wanna get the SMK for snes, anyone know is the 3ds vc one is a good port (i mean how they had fun on MKDS with the snes stages i'm a bit fishy..)?

I haven't played very many of them, but Earthbound. Even though Kirby is my favorite series and I've played Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Dream Land 3, I still have to say Earthbound.

Haaa, now I really wanna get the SMK for snes, anyone know is the 3ds vc one is a good port (i mean how they had fun on MKDS with the snes stages i'm a bit fishy..)?

If my experience with a few of my New 3DS SNES ports meant anything, I can tell that Super Mario Kart would run fine on the hardware without any input lag whatsoever. Though, it's worth bearing into mind that there's the lack of Local Wireless multiplayer functionality, and that any race will always display the actual gameplay on the top half of the screen.

I can't exactly imagine the SNES tracks in Mario Kart DS being anything but unimpressive. The problem is, these tracks were designed with the physics and drifting system of SMK in mind. Of course, most of the later installments didn't replicate these quirks and opted for literal recreation instead of remaking these tracks. It's worth mentioning that these tracks were simplistic due of the severe limitations of hardware available at the time of its original release. The end result is that they came across as ultra-simplistic and underwhelming tracks in comparison to the other entries. It certainly doesn't help that MKDS picked some of the least enjoyable SNES tracks.

Last edited:
If my experience with a few of my New 3DS SNES ports meant anything, I can tell that Super Mario Kart would run fine on the hardware without any input lag whatsoever. Though, it's worth bearing into mind that there's the lack of Local Wireless multiplayer functionality, and that any race will always display the actual gameplay on the top half of the screen.

I can't exactly imagine the SNES tracks in Mario Kart DS being anything but unimpressive. The problem is, these tracks were designed with the physics and drifting system of SMK in mind. Of course, most of the later installments didn't replicate these quirks and opted for literal recreation instead of remaking these tracks. It's worth mentioning that these tracks were simplistic due of the severe limitations of hardware available at the time of its original release. The end result is that they came across as ultra-simplistic and underwhelming tracks in comparison to the other entries. It certainly doesn't help that MKDS picked some of the least enjoyable SNES tracks.

Thanks, although I'm not worried about it running slow, more like if they made it compatible to steer well with the stick rather than the d-pad considering their placement. And yes both the SNES and GBA tracks were badly ported onto MKDS since you can't do too well with the stick on those, especially not on 150cc lol since they were "meant" to be driven with a d-pad.

And not hating on SNES; I used to have a SNES copy way back and it ran fine, but yeah wondering on how they made it on the VC, that's all.

As bad as I am at playing it, Star Fox is just a fun game.

I really like Kirby's Fun Pak and the Donkey Kong Country games. Most people will probably pick Super Mario World but honestly I don't really like it that much. The game is fine but never quite clicked with me if that makes any sense.

Oh btw, not picking Earthbound because I never really played through it properly. Also because it didn't release in Europe oops.

Last edited:
Yeah, SMW is fun but I think it's a bit steep sometimes and some bonus stages take away the fun totally.. *cough fly balloon cough*

But ya I loved Super Mario Kart haha

Earthbound or A Link to the Past
Also, it was only released in Japan, but Shin Megami Tensei
(Edit: Oops, I already answered months ago)

Last edited:
But yeah, the GBA ports of those old SNES games was actually playable like smw and yoshi's island.. not too fan of the the 3ds vc ports.

Probably a tie between Earthbound and Chrono Trigger. Earthbound feels slightly more timeless though, ironically.

Super Mario World was probably mine, but I also absolutely adored Earthbound, and of course, Secret of Mana. I'm excited to see what comes of the remake, but as I have the SNES Classic now, I'll still be able to go back to the original if it turns out to be garbage.

I also really loved The Lion King on SNES. It was very good, and the graphics were phenomenal.

Back