Wierd baby names. ( sardonic vent)

I recently read about a couple who tried naming their kid after a beer brand. Didn't go through though.

My good friend’s name is Samuel Adam [Last Name]. Not as “in your face” I think. Sounds nice imo.

Imagine a little child walking around inconspicuously being called Bud. Then you find out their middle name is Light. Hahahah. Or a little Pabst Blue running amok. “You know what? You are grounded, Stella Artois!” (That actually sounds pretty? Lmao oh god.)

Last edited:
I sometimes think parents are really selfish when naming their children, don't forget your child has to go through school and life in general with that name, yeah?

Unique-ness is fine by me, but if you name your kid some crazy **** just for the sake of it, or to have a ""unique child"", then you're selfish imo.

I work in a bakery and sometimes we have to write messages or names on the cakes

I saw "trumble" once
which

isnt bad? but like.. why

I work in the medical field and I get to see a lot of unique names. Most of them are normal names but they?re spelled in very unique ways. I?m to the point where I just ask the patient how to spell their kids name. Even if it?s pronounced ?Megan? or ?Sarah?! And don?t get me started on all the ways to spell the name ?Ashley? and ?Caitlin? haha! Either way, I think it?s fun all these unique names. Some of them are really cute names!

I recently read about a couple who tried naming their kid after a beer brand. Didn't go through though.

Wasn't there plain "Pilzner" someone tried with too, lmaoo. But yeah tbh just give your kid a decent name, no need for extra special spelling like Caehlehb if you want them named Caleb.. lol?

My sister named her daughter "Keivii" (pronounced like kiwi but with a V sound instead of W). I tried to warn her about the struggles her daughter might have because of it (will struggle to learn how to spell her name, will always have to tell others how to spell it, will always have to tell the story of how she got the name Keivii, etc), but she just shrugged it off and insisted that if she doesn't like it, she can change it when she grows up.

Also her reasoning for giving her the name was because she "hated having a normal name" growing up, so she gave her daughter something "unique".

When I name my daughter Zea her middle name is going to May after my great grandma but also low key so she's close to being the scientific name for corn... Zea May(s) XD She'll be my little kernel. <3

I will 100% call her my baby corn or little kernel and she can hate me all she wants.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh also my mom works in billing so she sees tons of names when inputting data and all this stuff, she saw someone who was named "Ok" and so we have a joke that the mom didn't really speak English and the nurse was just like "what do you want to name your baby?" and she was just like "ok" and the nurse was like "no, uh, Name. What do you want to name the baby? what name?" "ok" and so the nurse was just like, "..ok..." XD

eh i dunno, unique spellings of some names can be cool. I personally really hate the way Xaivier is spelled but i think its a really cool name. If I have a son one day, I think I would name him that, just with the spanish way of spelling it as "Javier".

(And no, its not pronounced EX-Avier. Its pronounced "Ha-vier."

image.jpg

Someone tried naming their child “Lucifer“ recently, but they weren‘t allowed to where I live. Which is a shame. Lucifer is a pretty cool name, imo, and I‘d honestly prefer it to my own name, haha.

Those misspellings mentioned sound really cringey, though. They remind me of my bad OCs’ names that I made up when I was 11 (11-year-old-me’s logic: “It’s just not cool enough if not every single syllable is misspelled UNIQUE!”)

Last edited:
Back