• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was your first 3DS game?

animal crossing new leaf. it's the only reason i bought a 3ds in the first place

Fantasy Life, Tomodachi Life, Luigi's Dark Moon Nintendogs & Cats, Disney Magical World, Animal Crossing New Leaf
I bought them at the same time when I got my 3dsxl :-/

Pok?mon X. My 3ds and the game were a hand me down from my big brother. At first, I couldn’t stand Pok?mon just because I didn’t like Iris in the Black and White anime and after I gave it a chance, I became obsessed lol

i was very late to the party... didnt get a 3DS until July 2017. my first game was pok?mon moon.

My first game was bundled with the console when it was brought. I purchased the Nintendogs + cats 3DS bundle in 2011. It was the coral pink 3DS.

Mario and sonic at the London 2012 Olimpic games. I didn't even own a 3ds

Pokemon Y. I just bought a used 3DS in August 2017 because I had been wanting one and it came with it.

Last edited:
ACNL has been the only game I've bought for the 3ds.

Apart from Ever Oasis which I turned off after five minutes and took it back. :-/

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I bought the 3DS for that reason alone, though I knew I would end up playing the 3D remakes of the two classic Legend of Zelda games as well. I didn't expect to discover the Fire Emblem series and ebd up falling in love with it. My second 3DS game was Awakening.

Last edited:
Animal Crossing New Leaf was my first! It was the reason I even got a 3DS to begin with.

Resident Evil Revelations was the very first game I bought for the 3ds. Wonderful game, one of my favorites.

I've always said it was New Leaf, but I can't be so sure anymore. I think I got Mario Kart 7 and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon at the same time as my 3DS back in the day.

Super Mario 3D Land. i used to play it all the time on my sister’s 3ds until i got New Leaf.

ah, those 2011 days...

Bust-A-Move: Universe. I bought my 3DS a month after the system launched and pickings were still slim at the time, but I do love the Bust-A-Move series and there was a copy in stock. So I went ahead and picked it up. Spent the next few days working to clear the whole story mode too.

Back