Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Ruby
Mint
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
So I accidentally bought a second copy just now, digital one...

I want my mayor's name to be Jey, but is it strange to name the town Lallet? It's our cat's name, we just call her Lalla though, which could be a good name for a second character?

Second option for town name is Mercy, because I'm very fond of dr who... But then I would have to name my mayor Amy, and I think I want my name more than hers? :D
Suggestions? Opinions? I know it's my town, but I'm still not sure :)

Even if you don't go strictly with the Dr. Who theme/references, i think Mercy sounds very nice!
it's a neat and vague enough word that'll work for pretty much any theme you decide to go with your town if you decide to have one!

Personally I don't like to name a town after a person's name, though considering I've never heard a name like that used on a human I think it might be fine as well! I think it's very sweet you'd want to name your town after your cat :>

Thank you for your input!
She's named after a football player btw ;)

I like the name a lot but I'm not sure if it suits well for a town. I know many town names are made up, real places, words, fruits, fantasy names etc, but I don't know... It's hard! I really want this town to be My town, sounds weird I know :/

I really like the name Mercy as well, but similar problem, not sure if I really want it named that or not, but it's the only other name I can think of that I like and can see myself "living" in...

I'm not familiar w the dr who reference, but mercy sounds like a beautiful name for a town! Though, i like the name jey for a mayor better. I think id have to vote for that :)

I like Mercy as well, & to follow on from what King Dorado says, you could make the villagers say phrases that make it very funny.

I've always named my towns something that means a lot to me, I don't make the town names public as they are really personal to me - so in that sense I would use my pet's name as that is so special to you.
I haven't used my pets' names for Town names; but all my towns have characters named after my pets, sometimes the Mayor.

No reason why you can't mix & match, call the town Mercy with a mayor called Jey and alts called Lalla & also one called Lallet.
Or call the town Lallet or Lalla. Its very personal, do what you really want to do.

Last edited:
Really guys, thank you so much for all input! It really helped me with your opinions and ideas :)

I managed to reset a few times and then found a good map for my new town Mercy, with Jey as mayor :) I'll have Lalla or Lallet as a second character instead. Only negative thing is cherries when I want native apples, but I'm not having that as a deal breaker :p

Back