• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New town name?

duhkee

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Ruby
Mint
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
So I accidentally bought a second copy just now, digital one...

I want my mayor's name to be Jey, but is it strange to name the town Lallet? It's our cat's name, we just call her Lalla though, which could be a good name for a second character?

Second option for town name is Mercy, because I'm very fond of dr who... But then I would have to name my mayor Amy, and I think I want my name more than hers? :D
Suggestions? Opinions? I know it's my town, but I'm still not sure :)

Even if you don't go strictly with the Dr. Who theme/references, i think Mercy sounds very nice!
it's a neat and vague enough word that'll work for pretty much any theme you decide to go with your town if you decide to have one!

Personally I don't like to name a town after a person's name, though considering I've never heard a name like that used on a human I think it might be fine as well! I think it's very sweet you'd want to name your town after your cat :>

Thank you for your input!
She's named after a football player btw ;)

I like the name a lot but I'm not sure if it suits well for a town. I know many town names are made up, real places, words, fruits, fantasy names etc, but I don't know... It's hard! I really want this town to be My town, sounds weird I know :/

I really like the name Mercy as well, but similar problem, not sure if I really want it named that or not, but it's the only other name I can think of that I like and can see myself "living" in...

I'm not familiar w the dr who reference, but mercy sounds like a beautiful name for a town! Though, i like the name jey for a mayor better. I think id have to vote for that :)

I like Mercy as well, & to follow on from what King Dorado says, you could make the villagers say phrases that make it very funny.

I've always named my towns something that means a lot to me, I don't make the town names public as they are really personal to me - so in that sense I would use my pet's name as that is so special to you.
I haven't used my pets' names for Town names; but all my towns have characters named after my pets, sometimes the Mayor.

No reason why you can't mix & match, call the town Mercy with a mayor called Jey and alts called Lalla & also one called Lallet.
Or call the town Lallet or Lalla. Its very personal, do what you really want to do.

Last edited:
Really guys, thank you so much for all input! It really helped me with your opinions and ideas :)

I managed to reset a few times and then found a good map for my new town Mercy, with Jey as mayor :) I'll have Lalla or Lallet as a second character instead. Only negative thing is cherries when I want native apples, but I'm not having that as a deal breaker :p

Back