• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Town Tree Question

ackawai

どうぶつの森
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0000-0000-0000
New Leaf Token
Mailbox
Silver Mailbox
My town tree has two clusters of leaves and three branches visible. Yet I can sit on it. Isn't the tree you can sit on have more clusters? Im so confused.

Mine too. It went from five clusters to two, but I can still sit on it and watch the history. I thought I'd somehow regressed in the game when I saw it like that.

I think this is the time of year the leaves might start falling off the branches? Might explain it, not sure tho.

The one you have right now is stage 2 (aka 5 hours of gameplay)

I believe your allowed to sit on it once it actually grows into a tree, starting from tier 2.
I haven't tested this out yet though.

What's so confusing about a tree lol (just kidding,)

I think this is the time of year the leaves might start falling off the branches? Might explain it, not sure tho.

I was looking around the internet a bit and I think you may be correct. Since I never played in the fall I didn't know the plaza tree could lose leaves like that.

I believe your allowed to sit on it once it actually grows into a tree, starting from tier 2.

According to the wiki you can only sit on it when it has five clusters, stage 4.
I have two clusters on my tree and can't sit on it yet.

Hmph... I guess you can sit on the tree on stage 2 then.

MAGIC!

I've played for 70 hours.

My tree lost a clump due to fall, so maybe that's it. It loses all leaves in winter after all, so I guess you'll have to rely on the trunk and not the leaves to determinate the growth, at least until spring. :)

Back