• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The worst time you were sick?

Keldi

-------------------------
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
ど
Yellow Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
I have a stomach bug that-for all ya kiddies I'll censor this-produces hot cocoa ...Yeah...Not fun.
I get the W O R S T cramps from this- worse than my period, and that gets pretty bad- and I can't move, I'll start crying and I need a boiling hot water bottle on top of my lower abdomen to make them less intense by a small bit.
No need to feel bad for me though, I can still draw, play video games and use my phone so at least I can do stuff.

So when was the worst time you were sick?
Mine would be yesterday when this first started. All Smash Bros games were in my lower abdomen =^=

Update: After about 36 hours, the stomach bug is gone! Definitely my worst expierience as of 11/16/2017 =^=

Last edited:
been lucky and i haven't been in critical condition ever (get vaccinated dudes) but i think the worst time i was sick is when i developed a severe rash after having a sore throat and sniffles and i had to sleep it off only for me to get puffy lips and spots everywhere the next day, it turns out that it was urticaria that formed due to a reaction to a virus, and it went away in about a week after taking steroids
when i was younger and the swine flu epidemic erupted me and my sister fell sick and vomited a few times but other than that i don't remember other symptoms that made me feel bad

This one time, in middleschool, I was on the verge of bronchitis. I also had a nasty fever, and almost passed out in school. Catching a cold and having seasonal allergies are the worst when you have asthma.

A couple of years ago in college I was really sick and just felt like staying in bed all day. I ended missing at least half my classes that week. The one time I did feel a bit better and tried a class, I started feeling dizzy and like I was going to through up part way through class. I'm not sure if it was the flu or something, but I didn't feel better until a week later.

pneumonia for 3 months had to miss college for a semester :} hurt very bad to breathe and was bed ridden... do not get this

I've never had a dangerous illness or anything, luckily, but the worst time I was ill was when I was on holiday in August. For nearly the entire time I had the worst stomach bug I've ever had :(

I had pneumonia once when I was less than a year old, and again when I was about 4. The second time I've been told I nearly died, and if I were born before the 90s that prob would've happened.

Honestly it's a miracle I'm alive at all.

My first year of university I got mononucleosis. It was horrible, my lymph nodes we're so swollen I could hardly move my neck. I was throwing up, sore throat and like everything for 2 straight weeks. Then I had the exhaustion for about another month.

Shortly after that I also got pneumonia. That was not fun either.

My life was in danger due to a medical condition when I was a baby.

But talking illness here. The absolute worst is a tie between pregnancy morning sickness and when I had to go to the hospital because of dehydration.

I had pregnancy "morning" sickness throughout all 9 months of pregnancy, which you can probably imagine being sick, nauseous, and throwing up for all that time was pretty terrible. But I also got sick like a year later and threw up literally all day, so much so that I became severely dehydrated and had to go to the hospital and put on fluids. After I got some fluids back in my body I felt weak and tired, but 100% fine almost immediately. It was like dehydration was the thing making it impossible for me to swallow anything without puking.

Also, do you ever get migraines? That's also the WORST.

Last edited:
Laryngitis... I even had to go to school when i still had it... i sounded like Flutterguy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ5s2iFECk0) It was so embarrassing. I still remember the look my friend gave me when he said "What's wrong with you?" I referenced the video above and said "I dont wanna talk about it" It hurt so much when i talked. I would have coughing fits every 5 minutes. I will be so pissed if i get it again because now i have a boyfriend to talk to everynight and if im sick, i cant talk. and if i cant talk, i cant sing in choir class! When im sick, no singing is really tough for me. I am a soprano (Female) and i need to sing for my choir. Anyway I just hope i dont experience this again... :I

I had a very bad period once when I couldn't even move for like an hour.

Also, if it's really that bad and it doesn't go away, you might want to get that checked out if you're having lower abdomen cramps. That's a sign of appendicitis, which a lot of girls mistake for being period cramps, which you obviously know it's not your period... I wouldn't want you to have to be rushed to the emergency room

Back in December last year. It was right before we went to Disneyland (my whole family got sick) and me and my brother got the worst of it. His and mine hung on for like two months. After that though, was in April. I had the worst sore throat I've ever had. I missed two days of work because of it.

I'm ill like once a decade, but I did catch a norovirus one time and ate like one biscuit a day for a week hnsnsn... it was pretty bad

i have the worst immune system so i'm constantly sick, but when i was 12 (i think?) i was sick for almost a year with flu-like symptoms, and my body still somehow hasn't recovered from that and it very much sucked

But talking illness here. The absolute worst is a tie between pregnancy morning sickness and when I had to go to the hospital because of dehydration.

I had pregnancy "morning" sickness throughout all 9 months of pregnancy, which you can probably imagine being sick, nauseous, and throwing up for all that time was pretty terrible. But I also got sick like a year later and threw up literally all day, so much so that I became severely dehydrated and had to go to the hospital and put on fluids. After I got some fluids back in my body I felt weak and tired, but 100% fine almost immediately. It was like dehydration was the thing making it impossible for me to swallow anything without puking.

I get migraines all the time. When the barometric pressure changes, and hormonal. They suck. I have to get triptans from the doctor to help treat them. They get so bad I can hardly walk at times

Acute Bronchitis for 4 months. God I still remember coughing balls of mucus in the morning and all those tissues used.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and let me remember how I went to the hospital 3 times thanks to it.

Also, if it's really that bad and it doesn't go away, you might want to get that checked out if you're having lower abdomen cramps. That's a sign of appendicitis, which a lot of girls mistake for being period cramps, which you obviously know it's not your period... I wouldn't want you to have to be rushed to the emergency room

I went to the doctors yesterday :) They said it was my usual stmoach bug I get every 3-4 years(no joke my immune system is so weak yet more organized and better at planning than me lol)
Thanks for showing concern. Even if you don't know the person, it's nice to see someone caring ^_^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Migraines. Suck! There's a girl in my class who has horrible ones yet refuses to go the nurse. In her defense, that nurse will give you that drink water bs
But she has the cutest "candies" that(she told me this and it's genius) are a fusion of grape juice and her migraine pill and she "has a small snack" ;) when she has a migraine during classes.

Last edited:
It was around June this year actually.

For a few days I had really bad coughing and nose leakage problems which escalated into pain when I was breathing. I also had one of my usual migraines for two days in a row (which usually last a day after I take my medication and a rest) so it generally caused even more distress. I later found out that a family friend of 15 years had died of a heart attack on his own in the freezing cold in his land-rover so that was just the final straw for me.

This was in the space of 3 weeks, I had the coughing and nose problems, the breathing problems and a migraine which lasted two full days and the news that someone close to me had died.

So a whole lot of crap onto someone who is already not fully stable when it comes to mental and physical health but now effected emotionally which is never good. I had to comfort my mother who was grieving and fell into a deeper depression at the time as well which was heart-breaking for me to experience again.

I was still on TBT all the while and I had a slight mental breakdown because it just got to me in the end. I took a 24 hour rest from life in general just to think and rest, it paid off as I felt a little better the next day thankfully.

I'm better 5 months later btw lmao.

Last edited:
I don't remember exactly but I know it was during high school. I always got sick during breaks and I say that with no exaggeration whatsoever - it was ALWAYS during breaks. One time we were off for two weeks (don't remember why) and I was sick the entire time, got better just in time to go back though. Blegh.
Anyway the worst time was during a week-long break, by far the sickest I've been, I couldn't even eat. Thankfully by now I can barely recall anything except laying in bed semi-conscious for hours with my mom occasionally bringing me broth and stuff.. there was also a Corner Gas marathon on at the time which she was watching in the other room so I had terrible Canadian comedy as constant background noise to my suffering.

Back