• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Life Lessons from ACNL?

MayorJudyOfZootopia

Purrl's BSBFF
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Isabelle
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Lobo
Flea
May Birthstone (Emerald)
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
I have learned some lessons from ACNL through some tragic events

this was before the WA Update guys!

I was sick with laryngitis... I had no voice so I couldn't talk to anyone and i was home from school. I was lonely so I wanted to play some Animal Crossing because it cheers me up. I saw my favorite villager and husbando, Julian was in his house. My Mind quickly slipped to the worst: he was sick. I knocked on the cyan door and walked in. I didn't even have to see him. once my game loaded me into his room. I knew he was sick too. I could hear the purple swirls when i stepped in. My heart sank. I was speechless. I couldn't believe my eyes. I felt like he needed me as much as i needed him. I ran to Nook's as fast as my mayor's little legs could go. I gave it to him for 3 days. Within those days my love for him skyrocketed into a bond that couldn't be broken. After the 3 days and he was cured I knew my job was done. Sure I was still sick when he was all better but I was sure as hell happy to see someone I loved walk hoof and hand with me when I needed it the most.

I learned a few things from Animal Crossing about friendship over the span of those days.

1. When your friend is sick and/or is having a tough time, comfort them and let them know you're there for them.
2. The only good friends you need are the ones that love you back
3. Appreciate your friends for who they are.
4. When you think you have a tough time and think you are alone, there is always someone there for you.​

View attachment 211701

I've learned my RL friends are better company than I thought.

They never ask me for fruit or to catch them fish.
They don't ask me how they should greet me.
They don't stop me in the street and ask for my clothes.

The list goes on.

One thing that is why I keep playing:
You always have a happy place, even if it's odd to others.
Animal Crossing is my happy place.

Animal Crossing New Leaf taught me that it would be advantageous to live in Japan to get exclusive things. Granted, Pokemon also taught me this with their shiny legendary distributions that sometimes never make it overseas.

Other than that, nothing really comes to mind. (Sorry.)

Last edited:
I liked this one:

F5cgkjh.jpg

I tend to get easily frustrated and ready to give up on things at times, so it struck me for that reason I guess.

Last edited:
"And remember that bad times... are just times that are bad."
Sometimes hard to remember, but it's really true..

Well I learned that you shouldn't judge how one would act based on their cuteness/beauty bc they could eventually be one of your closest friends.

And that cucumbers can make you gassy.

People only want to be your friend if you give them stuff lmao

That's its fine to take things slow. Like you can push yourself towards somewhere you want to go, but don't push yourself too hard that it feels too uncomfortable and you're not ready. When you take things slow, you get more time to think about things that are on your mind and how to overcome them in the future and not stress about it.

That nobody likes it when you hit them on the head with a net, try to axe them, try to bury them alive, try to make them fall in a pitfall, push them around everywhere ,ask if people need medicine when they obviously do but then be like ''I don't have any, sorry'' and that if you randomly build a house in the most inconvenient spot for the government, it will try to make you move.

That as insane, fast and overwhelming as you might find life, you can turn on your game, settle down, breathe and reboot. Nothing like wandering around a quaint little town full of animals to quiet the mind and refresh the spirit.

I agree with others in the thread, that no matter what is going on in your life you will always have your little happy place that will always remain the same despite whatever else is going on in life. You always have your town and villagers to fall back on, and I find that beautiful.

It has also allowed me to express my creativity so much more. I had never thought about what themes and furniture arrangements I would like in a house until Animal Crossing. I had never thought about the possibilities of landscaping until Animal Crossing. Etc, etc. You get the picture. I love how I can make my mayor wear whatever fashions or styles I want to wear, even those that I’m too self conscious to wear in real life. My mayor and town is essentially me - a reflection of who I am.

I like to tell my friends the 'And remember that bad times... are just times that are bad.' quote to remind them that things will get better. It's encouraged me not to just give out advice but take my own advice for others too.

If you get on a boat with a strange man and he wont stop flirting with you, get off the boat.

I've learnt to always play so that my villagers stay. I lost Kyle once due to a glitch*, and I was devastated. Somehow it's so easy to grow attached to pixels..
(*In short my 3ds randomly went black while playing and turned off, and when I turned it on, the date was I think 1/1/2010)

Last edited:
Back