• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you happy with your birth name?

Are you happy with it?

• Yes.

Votes: 34 51.5%
  • No.

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Eh.

Votes: 14 21.2%

• Total voters
I like it, I think it's alright. I just hate the fact that it's so common, there's another girl in my grade with the same name and I feel like people compare me and her behind my back and always choose her idk (like I'm not surprised she's more outgoing and prettier but u know w/e)

I'd love to have a more international name, but after decades my name grew on me.

It's hard for me to give a straight-forward yes or no. I chose another name because my old name doesn't work for me anymore, but it's not that it was bad when it was my name, it just doesn't reflect how I feel now.

I like my first name. I also like the name Rebecca. When I told my Mom this she said that was one of their choices and I was almost named Rebecca. I thought it was strange and kind of funny when I heard this.

I never used to like it. I mean, Kody. It tends to be primarily a boys name. Of course, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve grown to appreciate how it’s both unique and common! Plus, I have an affinity for traditionally male names on girls and women now.

It’s not always fun when working in retail though. I’ve had people be like “OH WHY IS YOUR NAME KODY?” “Because my mom liked it..?”

I never used to like it. I mean, Kody. It tends to be primarily a boys name. Of course, as I?ve gotten older, I?ve grown to appreciate how it?s both unique and common! Plus, I have an affinity for traditionally male names on girls and women now.

It?s not always fun when working in retail though. I?ve had people be like ?OH WHY IS YOUR NAME KODY?? ?Because my mom liked it..??

Sounds like a really nice name to me. And yeah, it's funny when people say anything about your name. Like, fam, you do realise I didn't pick it, right? kthxbye

Also, it's not amazingly uncommon, but I do like it when girls have the name Alex.

Last edited:
No. I usually shorten it to just the initial letter on paper, and ask my friends to call me by a nickname.

I hate my name but I probably won't change it lol
mainly cause I feel like it'd hurt my parents??? idk

Last edited:
I hate my name but I probably won't change it lol
mainly cause I feel like it'd hurt my parents??? idk

Yes, same.

I think a name can hold more value than it seems to parents, because of the memories behind it. Personally, if I was a parent (which I pray to god that I never will be) I wouldn't really mind? Depends what parents you have I suppose.

I like my first name except for the fact that it's waaaay too common. There's always multiple people in my school that have the same name as me (and in my high school there's a person with the same name in my grade and some of my classes, which makes it worse). I hate my last name, though. So many people make the same annoying joke with it and I'd rather have something that looks a little more normal (and people often make the same spelling error and add a letter in a place that doesn't even make sense for some reason). I also don't like my middle name; just not a fan of the way it looks/sounds. I kind of wish I could change my name, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to do it.

not really, it's such a feminine name that it just makes me feel bad, but i've chosen a name for myself and i'm content with adriel for now. all that's left is actually going by it irl and hoping i don't feel guilty for it

I like it, but it's a pretty common name so it gets annoying sometimes. In my graduating class (in high school) there were 5+ people in my class with my name (including me).

I mean, Austin isn't really anything special significance-wise to me or my family but it's not a bad name or anything, so I'm pretty neutral with it.

I think my name is fine, I don't go by my full first, Katherine, but I like all of the nicknames that come from it so I'm cool with it.

Back