• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

A Question for Folks Born in the 90's

SoulEaterEvans

Soul Eater
Orange 🍊
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4021-6641-1350
Island
Amaranth
The top 3, the "holy three", the "big bad" three-- I'm talking about Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network :cool:
The channels that broadcasted a plethora of animated shows in the 90's, and continue to do so today!
My question: out of the three, which was your favorite channel, your go-to channel for your daily dosage of animated goodness?

If you weren't born in the 90's, you can reply to this too. Lol

In the 90's, it was Nickelodeon for me. I only watched Cartoon Network for a select few shows and I hated the Disney Channel.

Now, the only thing I watch is Cartoon Network (again, for a select few shows), but my son watches the Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. Nickelodeon kinda went to poo.

Last edited:
cartoon network at home, don't think we had the others. Not a fan of Nick/DC in general, I almost always watched CN or Fox Kids/Jetix lol when at grams.

Same here, Mr. Cat! Nickelodeon had the best 90's shows, imo-- And the select few from CN, for me, included: Courage the Cowardly Dog; Ed, Edd, & Eddy; Dexter's Laboratory; and the Powerpuff Girls.
A few of today's CN shows are pretty cool, too. I really enjoy Steven Universe. Lol

@Sheila, You're not alone XD I used to watch those at my Grandma's place too! Lmao

I was born in the late 80s, but can still easily answer this question.

Until about fifth grade we had limited reception on our cable and I only got Nick and Disney channel. I didn't really watch Disney channel that I remember. So Nick was very much my childhood. However, I have fonder memories of Cartoon Network's cartoons. Perhaps because I had gotten sick of Nick cartoons after so many years. But I still enjoy the CN cartoons when I watch them. So it's CN without any doubt.

Nickelodeon for me!
although later on i started to love the disney channel! (that's so raven, suite life etc.)

Born in the late 90s and Disney Channel is what I watched for most of my childhood. Didn't really like many of Nickelodeon's shows, and I don't even think we got Cartoon Network. Kim Possible, Lilo and Stitch, Recess and Suite Life of Zack and Cody were my staples.

Ahh it's hard choosing between CN and Nickelodeon. But I gotta go with Nick. I didn't watch much of the Disney Channel shows even though I watched Disney movies.

Cartoon Network was life until I recently checked it to find that it's crap now. Though, I'm not a 90s kid! I'm a 1999 human that watched CN until it apparently wasn't free to watch anymore.

I'm not a 90s kid but still I hate every single one of them xD

Cartoon Network ALL the way. I hated the Disney channel with a burning passion except for the Halloween Town movies, Pepper Ann, and Recess.

Definitely Cartoon network, though Nickelodeon had a few shows I really liked.

Kid's WB c:
Jackie Chan, Xaoilin Showdown... all the shows were good lol

Cartoon Network ALL the way. I hated the Disney channel with a burning passion except for the Halloween Town movies, Pepper Ann, and Recess.

I agree with ya'! Pepper Ann gives me nostalgia, and The Weekenders XD Those were my shows, jeez.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kid's WB c:
Jackie Chan, Xaoilin Showdown... all the shows were good lol

Kids WB was life, if you didn't have cable. Lol

Cartoon Network when I was really young. Nick as I got older.

I never liked the Disney Channel.

I've been watched Cartoon Network when i was a kid.. Tom and Jerry and Power Puff girls are my favorite lol.

It was Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network for me. Later on I started watching Disney Channel. Early 2000's & on.

The top 3, the "holy three", the "big bad" three-- I'm talking about Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network :cool:
The channels that broadcasted a plethora of animated shows in the 90's, and continue to do so today!
My question: out of the three, which was your favorite channel, your go-to channel for your daily dosage of animated goodness?

If you weren't born in the 90's, you can reply to this too. Lol

I bounced around a LOT as a child, for example I first started watching Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Ahh Real Monsters so I was stuck on Nickelodeon and then when I was around 7+ I got addicted to Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog so I was big on Cartoon Network for a while until Spongebob came on Nickelodeon and then I became a huge Nickelodeon fan again from 10 onwards.
When I entered pre-teens and a little over like 11, 12, 13, 14 I got SOOOOOO hooked on Disney Channel (Thats So Raven, Even Stevens, Hannah Montana, Suite Life of Zack & Cody) and that was the only channel I watched

I've been watched Cartoon Network when i was a kid.. Tom and Jerry and Power Puff girls are my favorite lol.

Tom & Jerry are life <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I bounced around a LOT as a child, for example I first started watching Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Ahh Real Monsters so I was stuck on Nickelodeon and then when I was around 7+ I got addicted to Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog so I was big on Cartoon Network for a while until Spongebob came on Nickelodeon and then I became a huge Nickelodeon fan again from 10 onwards.
When I entered pre-teens and a little over like 11, 12, 13, 14 I got SOOOOOO hooked on Disney Channel (Thats So Raven, Even Stevens, Hannah Montana, Suite Life of Zack & Cody) and that was the only channel I watched

Many of my friends were obsessed with those shows on Disney Channel XD I couldn't really get into them, except for That's So Raven and The Suite Life

Last edited:
Back