• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Most memorable experience in New Leaf?

Stockley_

The Director
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7457-9399-7967
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
What moment while playing New Leaf stood out to you the most? Which experience has resonated with you? For me, I'll never forget this period of time as a teenager where things weren't going too great and I wasn't really in the best place of mind. I never played an Animal Crossing game prior to New Leaf and I'm not sure what exactly made me get it. I just asked for it one day after hearing the game was out for the 3DS and I think that was one of the best decisions I made. Over the year playing the game, it kind of made me look at my surroundings more positively. I became a lot more social and overall a much happier person throughout my first year playing Animal Crossing and I really do think I have the game to thank for that.

After that year I took a break from the game (I'm just getting back into it now), but I never felt as sad as I did before picking up the game. So whenever I think of a great moment in New Leaf, I kind of just think of that entire first year as a whole.

What about you guys? What stories do you guys have about your experience with this game? :)

Aww, reading this makes me so happy! <3

My most memorable moment I can think of at the top of my head was when I wrote Pietro a letter telling him how happy he makes me. He wrote back and called me his “beloved,” telling me that he could barely get through the letter through all his tears and that it was beautiful. :’) Writing letters to the animals in general feels so sweet and intimate, and I put a lot of thought into all of them. So any letter exchange moment stands out, but Pietro’s letter was my favorite.

Also, when my boyfriend and I pretended to get married in ACNL! That was cute and fun. ^^

I bought my boyfriend New Leaf for Christmas 2013 (it was our second christmas together) and I didn't have the game nor did I have a 3DS to play it on. I wanted to play too so we shared his 3DS and I moved into his town. I remember that first town like it was yesterday lol. I met my favorite OG villager (Peanut) and I was obsessed with the game ever since. A sweet little moment, but when I think of New Leaf my mind always goes back to that memory.

Last edited:
I love hearing about these kinds of stories and how much of a positive impact this game has on people :)

Animal Crossing has been my haven since 2002 - my husband rented it for me on a whim, and I owned it within a week. I do take long breaks from it sometimes, but I know it will be there to cheer me up when I hit low patches.

this was before the WA Update guys!

I was sick with laryngitis... I had no voice so I couldn't talk to anyone and i was home from school. I was lonely so I wanted to play some Animal Crossing because it cheers me up. I saw my favorite villager and husbando, Julian was in his house. My Mind quickly slipped to the worst: he was sick. I knocked on the cyan door and walked in. I didn't even have to see him. once my game loaded me into his room. I knew he was sick too. I could hear the purple swirls when i stepped in. My heart sank. I was speechless. I couldn't believe my eyes. I felt like he needed me as much as i needed him. I ran to Nook's as fast as my mayor's little legs could go. I gave it to him for 3 days. Within those days my love for him skyrocketed into a bond that couldn't be broken. After the 3 days and he was cured I knew my job was done. Sure I was still sick when he was all better but I was sure as hell happy to see someone I loved walk hoof and hand with me when I needed it the most.

I learned a few things from Animal Crossing about friendship over the span of those days.

1. When your friend is sick and/or is having a tough time, comfort them and let them know you're there for them.
2. The only good friends you need are the ones that love you back
3. Appreciate your friends for who they are.
4. When you think you have a tough time and think you are alone, there is always someone there for you.​

turned tables.jpg

Last edited:
When I was restarting my town, I kept resetting in hopes of getting Nate as one of my starting villagers. I ended up settling on a town with a good map after ~50 resets, deciding I could probably snag Nate from a giveaway. The next day, I went to go check my new villager. IT WAS NATE. I almost cried. I love that bear sm.

probably sitting on the big ass tree i had on my first town, hyrule, which was created in march 2014. i went on the tree before i reset my town, so.

Oh, another amazing time is when both Lolly, Octavian, Merengue, Punchy, and I all fell in pitfalls at the same time, right next to each other. xD

ahhh that's such a nice story, op! animal crossing has definitely made me a happier person too

as for my most memorable experience... probably playing multiplayer all night with one of my irl friends? we were both really obsessed with the game back then, and it was summer and we had nothing better to do, so we decided to play all night together (until 5 or 6 am I think?) we talked and went to the island and helped each other with our towns for hours and hours ;u;

Catching the scorpion in my main town to complete a museum for the first time in the AC games. Huge accomplishment.

Older AC games it would be when my son thought the game was silly and than I found he made a player in my own town. We shared a town and I still go back to take a look at our characters. It brings up some very good memories.

Way too many to even count, but hmm, let's see. It may have been when I first moved Carmen into Cocoplum five years ago or when Hamphrey first suggested the wooden bridge after years of no one asking or possibly when Claude became available as an amiibo villager. There are just so many wonderful memories built from playing this amazing game. Are there zombies, elves, warfare, epic and sweeping gameplay? Nope, just you and some cute animals making a go at life. And that's good enough for me. Good enough since 2002.

My brother, best friend and I would play multiplayer constantly our senior year of high school. We'd shop in each other's towns, make friends with all the villagers, and go to the island all the time. We tried to pull an all-nighter just playing and trying to get the train station for all of us. Lots of crazy memories there, but now that we're all in college it's more of a solo thing now for me- which is its own fun!

probably my very first birthday celebration.
i didnt expect having a surprise party, and my 3 top favorite villagers attended too and i got a nice bday present

it was just a very sweet occasion

Planting a dozen pitfall seeds outside Skye's house, and waiting for her to wake up.

Made my day.

My morning, anyhow.

I don't why but the memory that popped into my head was when I pushed Stitches around Re-Tail for like half an hour trying to get him to buy my mush lamp and then he pinged, walked right past it and bought some terrible stool instead

Back