• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I use "though" and "just" too often.

When I am physically communicating, I use "like" and "though" way too often. Online, I can easily correct myself as the words are right in front of me to manipulate!

Last edited:
I use "like" , "just", "though", "that's", "it's", often and I don't feel too bothered as long as people understand what I'm trying to say. If they are bothered then they could (just) stop talking to me :p

if youre writing emails or essays or something find all the justs and thoughs and replace them w/ other words that fit or just remove the word altogether. if you catch urself usingg those words find alternatives there and then n after a while it?ll b More Natural
i do that with several swedish words and ?get? in english because my english teacher strangles u to death if you use informal words lol.

i used to say "seriously" and "no offense" a lot, but it feels weird to think about it since i never say them at all now

I feel like I use "that" and "though" a lot, but it doesn't really bother me. I think it sounds fine so I don't feel like trying to change it.

I use "like" and "tho" a lot when I'm typing, I know I use "like" a lot when speaking, too. I'm not sure if I overuse anything else,there's nothing else I've noticed personally.

I use a lot of filler words overly often, I don't really mind it or notice it unless I'm actually writing, like if I am working on a novel or something, then I'm just like eww, no please don't write like that... But I mean, it can't be helped if it's a habit.

Back