• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Questions about Dream Address

Nenya

I hope you dance!
Apple 🍎
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mystery New Balloon Token
Orange Heart Balloon
Hot Cocoa
Blue Hybrid Rose
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
ぶ
I'm about to register my first town! Have some questions, please, for anyone knowledgeable.

1. Can you tell when someone is visiting or has visited?
2. What determines which character/characters are outside when someone visits?
3. What determines what characters say?
4. Does everything, including usables like ice cream and sparklers, go back to original places when dreamer leaves?

Thanks!

1. The only way to tell when how many visitors you have is by updating your DA. However if you talk to Luna and ask the option of "this town's dream?" I'm think she'll tell you the name/town of the last dream visitor you got. Also your villagers sometimes comment on meeting visitors in their dreams.
2. I think it's entirely random whether they're inside or out.
3. What they say is determined by the message you put on your tpc card. If you put nothing at all they default to "Thanks!"
4. Yes. Everything done inside a dream town isn't permanent and visitors don't have any affect on it for others or for your "real" version town.

Last edited:
Anything people have used or destroyed goes back to the way it was.

Other people can find out how many have visited your town by talking to Porter. Luna will tell you, after each update of your dream town.

I think all the characters are outside. Not 100% sure.

What they say to dream visitors is the catchphrase you have on your TPC. :)

Last edited:
I can confirm that the characters being inside or outside their house is completely random. Also, if it's raining by the time you upload your town, all villagers will be holding the same umbrellas they use in town in the dream (you can gift them new ones to try and match whatever you're going for), but human characters will always use a default blue and white one even if they have another umbrella in their pockets when the dream is uploaded.
About cakes, baloons and etc, I suggest you lay them down, upload and put them back in storage every time. If you upload daily (like I do) it's a huge chore, but I think it's better than risking to lose them. :)

Thank you, all of you! I appreciate the information very much.

Extra question for CaramelCookie: Do you mean risking losing the items by a visitor stealing them? (Not in the dream, of course.)

Thank you, all of you! I appreciate the information very much.

Extra question for CaramelCookie: Do you mean risking losing the items by a visitor stealing them? (Not in the dream, of course.)

Yes, or if an animal places their house on top of it if it's around town, or Redd and Katrina's tent are placed on top of the items in the plaza. :)
Also, they count as trash and will ruin your perfect town status if you finish the day with them laying around. >v<

Yes, or if an animal places their house on top of it if it's around town, or Redd and Katrina's tent are placed on top of the items in the plaza. :)
Also, they count as trash and will ruin your perfect town status if you finish the day with them laying around. >v<

Ohhhh, I get it! I can pick all the items up and put them in storage after I upload my town! Cool! My town is finished for all practical purposes, so I will not be uploading very often at all!

As for the umbrellas, (what a great tip) I won't have to worry about that. I will be traveling back in time to Aug 28 at 2am. I already picked it out for the clear night with a half moon and the bushes that are blooming then! Got the skivvy on the TT in a thread a couple weeks ago!

Sooo happy to have this extra info! I'm almost ready! Ahuh!

Back