Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Hi there,
Sometimes when I'm digging around ebay, I see people advertising unscanned amiibo cards, what's with the this? I thought they were infinitely scannable? Does it really matter whether they're scanned or not?

Thank you!

I...have never heard of that. And no, it doesn't matter if they've been "scanned". It's infinite.

The only potential issue would be Amiibo figures that have been registered to a specific system/user. But those are easily wipeable by the seller.

Anyway. Yeah. The Amiibo cards shouldn't be any sort of problem.

I...have never heard of that. And no, it doesn't matter if they've been "scanned". It's infinite.

The only potential issue would be Amiibo figures that have been registered to a specific system/user. But those are easily wipeable by the seller.

Anyway. Yeah. The Amiibo cards shouldn't be any sort of problem.

Great, thanks, I thought so.
Go to ebay and look up "unscanned amiibo cards" and 100+ results come up, which is where the question cam from, they get scattered in with any amiibo results.
Wacky, isn't it?

I think they just advertise it as that to let people know the cards are entirely new, not used in anyway what so ever so pretty much perfect condition? That's how I interpret it at least.

Scanning does nothing for the functionality, but perhaps people want a mint, new condition card? Idk it's a weird way of saying it

I think they just advertise it as that to let people know the cards are entirely new, not used in anyway what so ever so pretty much perfect condition? That's how I interpret it at least.

Probably so, just a marketing thing. Like Gluten-free ice. :rolleyes:
I doesn't make a whit of difference whether they've been scanned or not, so it's seem like 'mint condition' would suffice to me.

Last edited:
as others have said, i think it's just a marketing ploy that doesn't really mean anything as amiibo are able to be infinitely scanned.

however, i have actually heard of people attempting to sell "unscanned" amiibo for way higher prices than "scanned" amiibo, even though there's absolutely no difference in the cards whatsoever... so it might be a little bit of a scamming attempt, actually. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

...but it might just be a strange way of saying unused, so i'm not really sure? :(

Probably so, just a marketing thing. Like Gluten-free ice.
There's a place that sells organic ice cubes...I kid you not. And people have actually fallen for it. Anyway yeah why not just say they've never been used?

For HHD some players did scan items on their amiibo card and sold the cards. Players did it for the 7-11 villager. Invited another villager using an amiibo card to that house. Scanned the card and saved the items to the card. It was helpful for players that didn't have all the amiibo cards but wanted the items.

Sellers might be using unscanned to let you know the card hasn't be used and the regular items are still there.

It's weird, isn't it? My guess is they simply want to let the buyer know it has never been used. Because as others have stated, whether it's been scanned once or a thousand times is irrelevant.

Back