• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers for a tropical town?

squidpops

🌈🌴🍯
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4283-9990-2999
I have these in mind:

Shari - Uchi
Keaton - smug
Flora - peppy
O'hare - smug
Leonardo - jock
Drift - jock
Joey - lazy
Coco - normal
Marshal - smug (He isn't for the theme but he's staying forever bc I love him)

I'd like some variation in personalities and species but I've no idea who would fit, I'm going based off looks, inside house themes and species you would find in a tropical area irl (using this as a guide X). Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I have a tropical town, and my villagers were:
Keaton- Smug
Leanardo- Jock
Melba- Normal
Nana- Normal
Deli- Lazy
Jeremiah- Lazy
Queenie- Snooty
Gonzo- Cranky
Charlise- Uchi
Annabelle- Peppy

Tropical towns are awesome :D Good luck with yours!

These villagers come to mind:

Caroline - Bright colors with a beach themed house.
Quillson - Surfer dude.
Bud - Beach themed house, has a tan and sunglasses on.
Plucky - She’s an amiibo villager, but she is so perfect for a tropical town. Just look at her design and house!

I have a tropical town, and my villagers were:
Keaton- Smug
Leanardo- Jock
Melba- Normal
Nana- Normal
Deli- Lazy
Jeremiah- Lazy
Queenie- Snooty
Gonzo- Cranky
Charlise- Uchi
Annabelle- Peppy

Tropical towns are awesome :D Good luck with yours!

Oh! I love deli's design, I think I'll replace shari with him :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

These villagers come to mind:

Caroline - Bright colors with a beach themed house.
Quillson - Surfer dude.
Bud - Beach themed house, has a tan and sunglasses on.
Plucky - She’s an amiibo villager, but she is so perfect for a tropical town. Just look at her design and house!

aa I love plucky too! she would be great, I'll try to get her from someone on the forums here

June, because she's an islander and she just looks like she would fit in a tropical town

Annalise for the exact same reason as June lol

My beautiful June with the sunny hibiscus in her hair. She's a must for a tropical town.

I don't have any good suggestions but just wanted to say that O'Hare is a smug.

I have a seaside town that I have landscaped with tropical trees and starts. My villagers are The Octopus Trio of Octavian, Marina and Zucker, Rod because he is a pirate, Annalise, Colton, Shari, Drago, Pekoe and surfer Bud.

These are all great suggestions, thank you everyone :)
@X2k5a7y huh oops, didn't know that, ty for informing me!

Still deciding on a lineup, there's just so many good villagers haha

Here are some villagers I think fit! Lol I will never understand why Marshal is so loved, but I can understand loving a villager enough to keep them even if they don't fit the theme lol.

There's a lot of villagers that would work for this! Good choice of theme! I like it.

Anabelle
Ankha
Bob
Bud
Caroline
Celia
Cheri
Clyde
Goldie
Goose
Henry
Jeremiah
Jitters
Keaton
Lyman
Margie
Merry
Midge
Nana
Peaches
Pierce
Rosie
Savannah
Soleil
Tangy
Wendy

I know this is just slightly over 10, but you can pick and choose the ones you like! :)
This sounds really nice! I hope it goes well!

ALSO YOU JUST HAVE TO INCLUDE TANGY AND BUD, I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL YOU DO. THANK YOU.

I feel like Tangy will fit in, for some reason. Maybe Drago could live near a area away from other people with volcano patterns on the ground, so it would be kind of like Hawaii, and there maybe could be a backstory, Flora bc she's a flamingo, Frogs, Marina and Octavian, Alligators and Hippos would also fit b/c they love the water, Mac, and finally, Sydney and Yuka are koalas.

Also, post 300!

Caroline, Mac, Frank, Agnes, Shari, Soliel, Papi, June and Pheobe.

Here are some villagers I think fit! Lol I will never understand why Marshal is so loved, but I can understand loving a villager enough to keep them even if they don't fit the theme lol.

There's a lot of villagers that would work for this! Good choice of theme! I like it.

Anabelle
Ankha
Bob
Bud
Caroline
Celia
Cheri
Clyde
Goldie
Goose
Henry
Jeremiah
Jitters
Keaton
Lyman
Margie
Merry
Midge
Nana
Peaches
Pierce
Rosie
Savannah
Soleil
Tangy
Wendy

I know this is just slightly over 10, but you can pick and choose the ones you like! :)
This sounds really nice! I hope it goes well!

ALSO YOU JUST HAVE TO INCLUDE TANGY AND BUD, I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL YOU DO. THANK YOU.

I love Marshal because he moved into my first town on Christmas day (he was also the first villager to move in). It was like a cute little present and he is always so sweet and sends the best letters haha. I never knew of popular villagers when I first started the game so him being my first move in was great when I learned of how popular he was :')

I really like your villager suggestions thank you! Bud is recommended alot but I just don't like his looks ;; those tiny glasses are odd and the lion models in this game are just..bad overall imo. Tangy's pretty cool though!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like Tangy will fit in, for some reason. Maybe Drago could live near a area away from other people with volcano patterns on the ground, so it would be kind of like Hawaii, and there maybe could be a backstory, Flora bc she's a flamingo, Frogs, Marina and Octavian, Alligators and Hippos would also fit b/c they love the water, Mac, and finally, Sydney and Yuka are koalas.

Also, post 300!

Ooh I love your idea of volcano patterns! :D I'll see what I can do with those once I unlock the qr machine (im so tired of drawing things by hand rip lol) Ugh yes I want a frog so bad! That's why I was thinking of either Drift or Raddle. Both are posion dart frogs kinda so they definitely fit the theme. Man why can't we have more than ten villagers, I need at least 5 more slots :'(

Congrats on 300 posts!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Caroline, Mac, Frank, Agnes, Shari, Soliel, Papi, June and Pheobe.

I love Mac :) He was in my first town, such a cutie. Shari too! I now have too many suggestions and too little spots lmao they're all so fitting!! I'll work on narrowing it all down later tonight.

Back