ever met up with an online friend?

I posted on here before, but it's been well over three years and my friend and I still have not met in person.

HOWEVER. yesterday we were talking about the Henry Ford museum and my friend actually lives pretty close to it, so if and when I decide to take a trip up there I'm def going with him :)

Heaps of them, years ago when I was in a Quake Clan, and my ISP at the time ran a Quake server. :D

Not yet, but once things get better I want to meet up with one of by best online friends. She lives across the country from me so it's just not feasible yet!

I only ever had one friend that I met online that I talked to for long enough and consistently enough that I ever wanted to meet.
Sadly, she lives on the opposite side of the country haha. We had always talked about meeting up and hanging out, despite our major social anxieties. I wanted to go to the state she lives in anyways (still do), but it just hasn't happened. And time has gone on and I don't really use the websites we used to frequent together AT ALL, she dropped off of them for the most part as well. They are the type of sites you don't really use all the time and get burnt out on. We used to talk more via messengers and even via text but again just kind of drifted away as well. Life sucks like that sometimes! I'd still hope I could meet her someday, if I do go to her state I am definitely going to message her.

I met an online friend of 10+ years in 2019 when we planned to go see a concert together- Actually I had planned for May 2020 but I feel so lucky to have just changed my plans to go to Japan 9 months earlier instead. It was fantastic.

Otherwise a few new friends travelled to my state in December and we just hanged out in museums and such (in Australia... I guess in between our lockdowns, so very much legal and with social distancing XD) .

I've met up with uh, I believe it's 4 or 5 online friends.
It was always extremelly awkward, since I'm the definition of a shy person.. but somehow I survived. :v
And it was usually boys, since I mainly have male friends. It was only once a girl and she went shopping with me..
something I usually never ever want to do.. so that was awkward for me v:

Yes, two (or three times, depending of your point of view)

First I was 13 and a little bit stupid, very bad with people. A girl from the same country as me blocked me on the website we were using and one day, after a problem with my grandparents because I was insupportable, I left the car and walked to the rail station, took a train without pay to her city, and as she lived in a small village near the big city, took a bus to the countryside (without paying again) and walk, asking in everyhouse if they know here. Finally found her house and wait for her, she talked to me five minutes, her mother called the police and I had to wait my grandfather for two hours. I was still blocked after that haha. I was stupid but very resourceful.

Later, in 2019, I met a old friend from the same website for the first time in Paris as she lived in France and me in Belgium. Everything was good (even if we were in front of the cathedral when it burned, I don't know if you heard about it) and it was amazing! Infortunately, my phone was stolen the last day and scared of my anger problems, I couldn't control myself and was very embarassed even if she never judged me for that. Later in the year, I come to her city and we spent one week together before visiting Paris again. This time, we had some conflicts resulting in both of us not talking to each other for a stupid reason (food); we just politely said goodbye to each other after two days of silence and embarrassing moments. I miss her even if we don't talk anymore, maybe I should contact her again?

The last time was on a videogame website where I met a boy that time from the same city as me three years ago. We spent a good day together, but at the end, he sent me a message to tell me he was interested, and I just said no and stopped to talk to him because it's weird. I don't know, you just met me one time?

More generaly, I was on a anime-mange website long time ago, around sixteen. It was a Belgian one and some hang outs were organized. I did myself some and loved them. I met few friends there even if after my long travel in Dublin in Singapore, most of them just forgot me. I miss them so much but I had a very nice 18 birthday! Infortunately, some of the boys (when I joined them I was 16) were older and most of the time interested... yes, when you are a teenager, all these 25-30 old men 'loving' you is a bit strange and unpleasant.

And I hope one day I'll meet my online boyfriend I met on a stream and a discord! We talk a lot together even if we can't meet each other for now.
Post automatically merged:

And I forget the Quebec girl coming to my country and then visiting France... she spent one day in my house and we visited in two days two cities of Belgium! She was in Seoul at the same time as me but I was too busy to meet her (don't talk to me if I'm visiting, please) so... we just lost each other.

I became online friends with a girl in another country when I first got online, so I was about 13/14 years old. We finally met in person when we were in our twenties. She was studying in London, so I went there for the day and she showed me around her favourite museums. She went back to her home country once her studies were finished, so I was really grateful we got the chance to meet up when we did.

I also met up with another friend who lived a few hours away from me at a music festival, and I met a few Livejournal pals at anime cons over the years.

I've never met an online friend, but I did meet up with a guy that I was thinking about starting a relationship with. We had gone to the same high school but didn't hang out in the same circles. Then, we connected online and one thing led to another. He had moved to a different state after school, but came home to visit his family. So we decided to meet up. Long story short, it didn't work out and I haven't seen or talked to him since.

in this day & age its really really common!

so far ive met 3 online people in real life.

- i met my one friend from an MSN chat who flew to my city and she stayed with me & we hung out for a week and i showed her around!

- another friend that i met on an online video game was only 1.5 hours away from me and he decided to drive down and we hung out.

- and the best of all; when i was 13 i met an amazing person on an online game & we became best friends. when we were finally adults i flew to him and stayed for a week & we fell in looooooove <3 he's my bby. amazing boyfriend :) i visit when i have time off from school now.

what about you guys?! share your stories, how'd it go, or planning to meet a friend soon? :3 the internet can be an amazing place to find real friendships

I've met three friends online, one from MSN (what a nostalgia trip), one from tumblr and one from whisper haha. Two turned out crazy, and one is a very close lifelong friend. I'm blessed that I wasn't kidnapped. We were so fearless back then weren't we? Haha.

in this day & age its really really common!

so far ive met 3 online people in real life.

- i met my one friend from an MSN chat who flew to my city and she stayed with me & we hung out for a week and i showed her around!

- another friend that i met on an online video game was only 1.5 hours away from me and he decided to drive down and we hung out.

- and the best of all; when i was 13 i met an amazing person on an online game & we became best friends. when we were finally adults i flew to him and stayed for a week & we fell in looooooove <3 he's my bby. amazing boyfriend :) i visit when i have time off from school now.

what about you guys?! share your stories, how'd it go, or planning to meet a friend soon? :3 the internet can be an amazing place to find real friendships

I've met one person and they are my best friend, I also have a long distance relationship (met physically and 3 times again after) so we basically spend our time playing games and facetiming. Each time we meet it's like meeting an online person you have known for years.

Outside of online dating I haven’t no. Even when talking about online dating it was only twice as I’m picky and only bother to meet people who have really good potential. I also only talked to them for approx. a month before meeting in person so not really sure if you could count that as friends at that point. Both lived within an hour drive of me at least.

I do have a few online friends (especially on this forum) that would be awesome to meet one day. Not sure if that will ever happen though. Definitely not anytime soon as pretty much all my online friends are in a different country and you can’t exactly travel right now ha.

ooh back in high school i was talking to a tumblr mutual and found out we were from the same school? so we met up and became friends! kinda? not exactly besties but like, we did small talk in the hallways. although we aren't that close anymore huhu but it was a pretty cool coincidence.

Not yet! However I also am not that great at making friends online, haha. There is one person I would love to meet in real life, though!

I did and it was awkward. It showed me how different people can be offline compared to online.
This friend I talked to online for 1-2 years and was able to have a lot of great conversations with through texting and had the conversations flowing naturally, literally did not speak more than a few sentences to me in person when we hung out for 5+ hours. It was so incredibly awkward to be doing the majority of the talking (especially since I am not a social butterfly myself). I have no judgment for people who are in places in their lives where they feel they cannot talk much in person, but I do wish they were more honest with me before I met them so I could have adjusted my expectations.

I met my best friend online three years ago. She flew into Texas from her state and spent the week with me! It was so fun. I was really nervous at first because I'd never done that before, but it went wonderfully and we made a lot of fun memories. I took her around Dallas and all the touristy spots of North Texas and she loved it! She's coming back again soon, maybe this summer for a part 2, and we are still pals to this day!

no :c all my online friends either live on the opposite side of the USA or in another country umu

I really wanna meet my Online best friend someday, but I can't see it happening ever, since I live in Washington state and she lives in Maine umu

Back