ever met up with an online friend?

Tessie

50% sea 50% weed
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Cake
in this day & age its really really common!

so far ive met 3 online people in real life.

- i met my one friend from an MSN chat who flew to my city and she stayed with me & we hung out for a week and i showed her around!

- another friend that i met on an online video game was only 1.5 hours away from me and he decided to drive down and we hung out.

- and the best of all; when i was 13 i met an amazing person on an online game & we became best friends. when we were finally adults i flew to him and stayed for a week & we fell in looooooove <3 he's my bby. amazing boyfriend :) i visit when i have time off from school now.

what about you guys?! share your stories, how'd it go, or planning to meet a friend soon? :3 the internet can be an amazing place to find real friendships

Yes. My "friend" is my boyfriend. We met over the internet on a message forum back in 2011 (I was 17) and he lives in Amsterdam. We've been together for over 6 years. :3 I've been there 5 times. 6 being next year.

Yes, many times! I used to moderate a now-defunct Pok?mon site, and I hosted a bunch of the staff at my house for a week or so and we all drove out to a tournament together. I've also met a handful of people through another game I used to play and am still in touch with one of them on a daily basis. Some of my best friends and the most important people to come into my life are people I've met through various online communities.

Yeah. A lot of them this year, actually. It’s so surreal because I knew them all for like 5 years, but never met them. It was like meeting an old friend tbh.

Yep!

Back in 2005 I played an MMORPG and met somebody who lived an hour away, hes still my best friend and we hang out all the time.
Around that same time I met two other good online friends and had an 8 month relationship with one.

I met my current boyfriend on Team Fortress 2, we met and have been dating for two years. While dating him, we traveled to Atlanta Georgia to meet three of my other online best friends :) We all stay in touch over different platforms, but we plan holidays together all the time. I'm flying to California for christmas :)

Yes, I've always been extremely cautious, though. Only one of them was actually a true meet-up straight from meeting them online. The other two are a different story. Both I met on Xanga (remember that site? lol), one a member of the high school marching band I was to join the following the year. So we met at auditions.

The other... Well, funny story. She was a part of a high school marching band all of the way down in the southern portion of the state. I don't remember for certain, but I'm pretty sure we gravitated toward each other online because of bassoon playing. Anyway, how did we meet IRL first? I didn't even realize it! I was at a state competition, buying a bassoon hoodie because I was such a nerd like that. She came up and introduced herself to me. However, I did not realize it was her. It was common for people from other high schools to randomly socialize with each other, so I didn't think much of it. I don't remember when it was exactly I came to realize it was her. It could have been as late as a couple of years ago. Then, she moved to the city I was living and we finally got to meet up for real and I got to play bassoon with her last year. Lol.

Yeah I met a few folks from TBT. Saw or hung out with most of them for only a day though, I'd love to hang out with them more though.

Yep! Was chatting on this national site with some girl and she slipped her town name and we figured we live 20 minutes away from each other! We decided to meet at the movie theater. The friendship didn't last since we had different social circles and the site eventually got closed down and we didn't keep in touch. But it's super weird to meet an internet friend!

I've met up with quite a few within the country, last year I went to Korea and hung out with a friend I met online on iScribble! She used to live just a suburb away from me when we were kids until she moved countries (never knew her back then) and hopefully she'll be moving here next year :D

I went overseas again recently and met my other friend and dizzy bone and played AC together B)

aw I read everyone stories! so nice :)

it can seem scary to those who never have, but thats why you build friendship & trust with someone online. you can almost "feel" that they are a good person after talking to them for so long so it doesnt seem scary. everyone ive met online were normal good people.
skyping/video chatting and phone calls are crucial before a meet up.

when you do meet up it truly is surreal though...especially with my boyfriend who i knew 12 years prior just behind a computer.

yes, i've met three online friends. one is on this forum - Riley9
i also met two other friends. we tend to get around in florida lmao

When I was flying over to Germany this summer I had a layover in Amsterdam for a few hours and planned to meet a fellow TBT member there. Unfortunately it didn't end up working out, but eventually we'll meet up lol

But as of now, no I haven't seen anyone irl that I first met online.

not yet, but i'm hoping to (cinny's not active on here anymore but we keep in touch on other sites and i'd love to meet her someday!!)

i've met one, my current boyfriend (";

edit: about the whole "trust" thing so you think you know who they are, i met the bf two days after him first swiping right on me. . . i make really split second decisions yknow!

Last edited:
ah i hope to, someday! i'm yet to get close with someone enough to meet them in real life. all of these stories are so sweet though <3

Back