• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ever met up with an online friend?

there are a few ppl i want to meet up with but they wont apply to my college because theyre rude so it wont happen.

No I have not. The only people online that I know are friends I know from school who I also chat with on facebook.

Last edited:
Yea, we both lived in FL at the time. It's pretty important that you two know how to be comfortable with each other, unless it's pretty awkward. Luckily for me I spent a whole week at their place & was a good time 8)

yeah! I met this guy both my sister and I were friends with on a Disney forum because we were going to Disneyland at the same time. We aren?t friends anymore but that was unrelated since it was 8 years ago.

I also met my gf through tumblr on a Disneyland trip. She?d bever been and I love Disney so ofc, that was wher our first meeting had to be. I mean, we technicallly net at the hotel that we were staying at when we were down there, but still. I haven?t seen her in person since April when she came and stayed with me, but we?re hoping for another January meetup :,)

No but my best friend online lives only a few hours from me.

And his grandma lives like less than 30 min away from my house.

Somehow I feel that we're destined to meet in person lol

If boyfriend counts, yes. 4 times

I wouldn't really call him an internet friend but I did go out with one guy I met technically online I guess? He messaged me off instagram and we started chatting for a while before we decided to go out and see how well we got along. We went to the same high school but I didn't recognize him until we actually met up, he ended up being very strange the entire time and it got to the point where I didn't feel super safe so I got my friend to come get me.

So if you do meet people online just be careful xD I don't see anything wrong with it but I guess I don't talk to people online that I become close enough or live close enough that I could meet them.

I've never been able to meet anyone in person that I met online, but my best friend is married to a guy she met online and he's really great. Most of my online friends live in other countries though, so it's too expensive for us to get to meet in person. :(

I was fortunate enough to meet my best friend in person earlier this year. We've known each other for like 8 years at this point. I was going through a bad time back in February, she had spare funds from her tax return, the stars aligned and things just sort of fell into place. It was a short visit, only for a couple days, but it was one of the best times of my life. If fate and funds allow I hope that we can hang out again in the future.

Only once, and it was a guy from a dating site, I don't know if it counts, he was cool but really clingy and moving way too fast, it didn't last, but we're still awkward facebook friends and he's married now.

I met my best friend online!!!
We met in person for the first time in June after knowing each other for 8 years, I was a bridesmaid at her wedding!!

I've met some other people from the internet, but I don't really keep in contact w them

yes i met with a really good friend once like 3yrs ago all my other closeies live across the country ;|

Not yet, but I do have a best friend of about 8 years who I hope to meet in person one day!

I have! It was the best experience ever, and I miss him so much!

I've met plenty of my online friends and even though it has felt a bit intimidating to meet face to face for the first time, they've been pleasant experiences. I'm looking forward to meeting more online friends in the future too (although there aren't many possibilities)!

I haven't yet, but I have a group of online friends I've known for years, whom I first met over Colors3D (an art community application for the 3ds). We fell out of contact for about a year, and then in 2016 reconnected through Skype, and now we have a chat on discord. We regularly joke about pooling all our money together and buying a castle in Ireland where we can all live. xD while that's unlikely, I'm sure we'll all meet up someday!

Last edited:
Ye I've met two. One was when I was like 10, she came to my house and it was painfully awkward. I met the other one last year, which was better because we've been friends online for ten years, but the people we were staying with ruined it because they misunderstood and thought I was some rando she met in a sex chatroom, so they made her friend send me home. Which was incredibly inconvenient because I travelled so far to get there, it was a rainy night, and we had waited so many damn years to finally meet each other... We'll meet again someday tho

Back