• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Champion amiibos give you.......

Tora Olafsdotter

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I just got myself the amiibo of Daruk and Mipha from Breath of the Wild, so I could get their gear in said game. However, I decided to check out if they got you anything in animal crossing. Hey, four champions, 4 Zelda villagers, it seemed perfect.

So I scanned Mipha and....she is not compatible with Animal Crossing, neither is Daruk. So I assume Urbosa and Ravali are either.

Really? That is a bummer. I thought they would at least give some random Zelda furniture or one of the villagers like Wolf Link or Medli.

I got caught out with these. In the UK I could only buy as a pack of 4 and pre-ordered from Nintendo UK store as it was likely they would go out of stock & then just be faced with increased prices. It worked out that this did not happen, & Argos sold them for ?5 under RRP but only put them up for sale on the day of release with no indication they were going to do this.
Wish I had a working crystal ball!

And yes, none of them give anything to acnl. Annoyed with myself.

Really don't think Nintendo play fair with any of the amiibos, some sell out with pre orders and in the UK sometimes we never get them again - it wasn't known what these 4 champions would give to Zelda prior to buying and no mention either way of their compatability with other games - I made the mistaken assumption that as all other Zelda amiibos' worked with acnl, these would too.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the info. I don't think I'd get them anyway since I like the ones that actually get you stuff more but to be honest considering they made the BotW amiibos compatible at least *should* give you something. Oh well...

I bought the amiibo because I liked them. I didn't even think they would be compatible with New Leaf.

It is a total bummer that they don't spawn anyone. But the figures are amazing! Just angry there is no Prince Sidon :(

dammit, i was hoping to throw down urbosa's lightning in future to break up my villagers' gossip sessions....

Back