• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

does someone's icon affect how you see them?

meh, usually, they help to give a bit of insight into who and how they are as a person, which can be both good and bad, as somebody with a great icon could be a terrible person or exactly the opposite
also allows conclusions to be jumped to about a person just based on a profile pic, not usually a good thing in general and usually negative
overall, kinda feel like they have influence on how we see people, but sometimes a bit too much

Last edited:
Mine looks like anime but it's a video game character. I'm not even a weeb haha

omg i hope you didnt take that personally jhgfdfghj ;; btw i remember your previous icon was jungkook, right? i used to like bts back when they debuted ^^

yeah, it does! not entirely, of course; a lot of how i view a person is generally derived from their grammar, typing style, manners, etc. but i do think the ~aesthetic~ their icon helps create heavily influences how i view their online persona

Not completely ... But of course! If I see someone with some sci-fi, epic looking avatar, I tend to associate them with gamer qualities. And if someone has a more pastel, "kawaii" avatar, I think of them as friendlier or more approachable.

These are just vague perceptions, though. Their writing is how I really get to see what type of person they are. :rolleyes:

to an extent, aye. the profile picture is *supposed* to be you or if anything, represent what kind of person you are so there's that.

yeah whenever i see an anime icon i assume the person is a weeb lol

lol as much as I wanna say I agree to this, cuz to an extent I feel the same way, it's not true for everyone. I've used an anime avatar for a fair bit of my time here cuz anime is something that a LOT of people(and I mean that) I've met here has a passion for. I just had an easier time fitting in with one.

On the other hand I also use a lot of pics of actual people or even my own face whenever I can be arsed to be on here in the first place but the latter felt a bit more intrusive in my personal life.

I haven?t really thought about it too much. I think it gives me an idea of their personality, but I wouldn?t judge them as a person.

No, I usually pass over it to be honest (LOL)

I don't judge people based on their avi but I like to kinda use it as insight to who they really are.

I bet with that ideology I confuse the hell outta people a lot lmaooo

Back