does someone's icon affect how you see them?

meh, usually, they help to give a bit of insight into who and how they are as a person, which can be both good and bad, as somebody with a great icon could be a terrible person or exactly the opposite
also allows conclusions to be jumped to about a person just based on a profile pic, not usually a good thing in general and usually negative
overall, kinda feel like they have influence on how we see people, but sometimes a bit too much

Last edited:
Mine looks like anime but it's a video game character. I'm not even a weeb haha

omg i hope you didnt take that personally jhgfdfghj ;; btw i remember your previous icon was jungkook, right? i used to like bts back when they debuted ^^

yeah, it does! not entirely, of course; a lot of how i view a person is generally derived from their grammar, typing style, manners, etc. but i do think the ~aesthetic~ their icon helps create heavily influences how i view their online persona

Not completely ... But of course! If I see someone with some sci-fi, epic looking avatar, I tend to associate them with gamer qualities. And if someone has a more pastel, "kawaii" avatar, I think of them as friendlier or more approachable.

These are just vague perceptions, though. Their writing is how I really get to see what type of person they are. :rolleyes:

to an extent, aye. the profile picture is *supposed* to be you or if anything, represent what kind of person you are so there's that.

yeah whenever i see an anime icon i assume the person is a weeb lol

lol as much as I wanna say I agree to this, cuz to an extent I feel the same way, it's not true for everyone. I've used an anime avatar for a fair bit of my time here cuz anime is something that a LOT of people(and I mean that) I've met here has a passion for. I just had an easier time fitting in with one.

On the other hand I also use a lot of pics of actual people or even my own face whenever I can be arsed to be on here in the first place but the latter felt a bit more intrusive in my personal life.

I haven?t really thought about it too much. I think it gives me an idea of their personality, but I wouldn?t judge them as a person.

No, I usually pass over it to be honest (LOL)

I don't judge people based on their avi but I like to kinda use it as insight to who they really are.

I bet with that ideology I confuse the hell outta people a lot lmaooo

Back