• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Generic Mafia (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

xCleb

The Pleb
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
A Themeless Mafia

Lob2SyY.png

Introduction to Mafia

To put it simply, Mafia is a game (also known as Werewolf or Town of Salem, if you are familiar with either) of an uninformed majority (the Town) versus an informed minority (the Mafia). Players are given a role corresponding to one of those primary groups. The goal of the Town is to eliminate the Mafia, and the goal of the Mafia is to gain a majority or equality (50%) over the Town.

There are two phases in Mafia: Day and Night. During the Day, all players gather in the thread to discuss who they believe is Mafia, and may vote for a player they believe is Mafia. The player who gains a majority of the votes is lynched and killed. During the Night, players may not post in the thread (unless allowed by the Host), but instead may PM the Host to use a special power, should they have one. The Mafia meets up in a Group PM to discuss their own actions, and may choose to kill one player each Night. Players who are killed have their role revealed, and may not post in the game thread.

In addition to Town and Mafia, there are also Neutral roles. Their win conditions are usually separate from that of the Town and Mafia's. Some are hostile to one primary party, some are hostile to both, and others are not hostile to either. The Town and Mafia must both see all hostile Neutrals eliminated in order to secure a victory, even if their primary win condition is fulfilled.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

Lob2SyY.png

General Mafia Rules

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.

2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.

3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.

4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.

5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.

6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.

7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.

8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for ingame information.

9. Sharing accounts with other players.

10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.

11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

Spam: Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.

Editing: Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled.

Inappropriate posts: Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.

Observers' Chat: While dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia).

Play to win. You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

You are required to vote at least once each Day. Failure to do so will result in replacement or MK.

Lob2SyY.png

Mod Font: This is the mod color. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font: This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Lob2SyY.png

Game Setup

Outside of Thread Communication: Absolutely none. This includes Discord, Skype, PMs, and other form of outside communication.
Day/Night cycle: Days will last 48 hours, and Nights will last 24 hours. Days will be shortened when deemed appropriate.
Replacements: Replacements will be used until the beginning of Day 3.
Game Type: This is a Main Series Game, though it will be run slightly differently than what you are accustomed to here. It will be mostly the same, just with a few minor changes.

Lob2SyY.png

Voting

This game uses a plurality lynch, with a majority clause in place. Whichever player has the most votes by the end of the day will be lynched. If a player reaches a majority vote, they will be lynched immediately,
and the Day will end prematurely.

Voting will take place in a separate thread. You vote by posting the following:

##Vote: [Player Name]

Lob2SyY.png

Participants

1. PunchyDaHufflepuff
2. Nightmares
3. amazonevan19
4. N e s s
5. Seroja
6. Biancasbotique
7. Dolby
8. toadsworthy
9. Dedenne2
10. Chele
11. Zendel

Max Players: 15

Start Date: Sunday, November 19, 2017 @ 10:00PM EST

1. VanessaMay18
2. Farobi
1. glass
2. Ryumia
3. f11
4. ITookYourWaffles
5. Heyden
6. Tina
7. Locket
8. Byngo
9. Farobi

Last edited:
/obs I suppose since I know the set-up?

If you made it semi-open then I could probably In but if not :shrugs:

/replacements
Put me down as your first go-to option for replacements because even though I have work, god bless that I worked around my schedule.

I'm drowning in everything... so I'll /in naturally

;) thanksgiving is next week and should provide enough cushion

I'm definitely interested in playing but I'll have to see if my schedule will allow me to. :)

Hopefully it will be a yes!

I'll end up keeping up with this anyways, might as well be a part of it :lemon:

In.

Screw it, /in!

If Trundle plays I promise that I'll be try to be better with my words and less annoying. :)

Last edited:
Back